Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times

Advertisements

The Pure Aloha Hawaiian festival starts tomorrow at the Rio and runs thru Sunday.

Vizzun Entertainment...

The venue has been announced for the Asian Food Festival, it will be at the Silverton this year, Oct 20th and 21st.

Home

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM

244 posts, read 440,290 times
This "festivals" are nothing but money-makers for some people.

The best the best examples are Italian and Greek festivals.

While during the Greek festival you could acctually hear some Greek music and talk to some Greek people Italian had none of those.

But both festivals had HORRIBLE and expensive food, very little entertainment, and everything you found there to buy you could find in any store @ downtown.

Festivals need to be organised by people (italians,greeks,asians...) and not from only couple of them who will say at the end - "well food was bad because we we didn't expect so many people"......

Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM

135 posts, read 293,407 times
Interesting. I created a thread a few weeks ago for an HOA community yard sale and it's closed. Reason was due to advertising. Wouldn't this be considered the same. blah

Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 PM

104 posts, read 254,961 times
With all due respect, Marioni888, the Greek Festival had absolutely splendid food and at a bargain. We intend to make it an annual event. As to not being organized by Greeks, how much more Greek can you get than a Greek Orthodox church? Ridiculous assessment.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

244 posts, read 440,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHender View Post
With all due respect, Marioni888, the Greek Festival had absolutely splendid food and at a bargain. We intend to make it an annual event. As to not being organized by Greeks, how much more Greek can you get than a Greek Orthodox church? Ridiculous assessment.
Orthodox church. Fine.I know that.

I didnt say it was not organized by Greeks, i said more local people (in this case Greeks) should be

involved in this, help to prepare food.....

Are you Greek? Do you like their food? You liked their gyros? If yes Fine! Good for you!

My wife is Greek and we know half of Greeks in LV. Every single one said food was bad.

But festival was success so i guess other people like it. Like you did.

We will continue to visit greek festival in future but ony because our friends do so,othervise if i want to

eat some greek food i would choose one of many greek places in vegas, where i dont hear " food is bad

because we didnt expect so many people".

Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
The festivals are all cool, no matter their authenticity. If Vegas didn't have any, then we all would be complaining why we don't have any.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-13-2012, 09:56 PM

104 posts, read 254,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Orthodox church. Fine.I know that.

My wife is Greek and we know half of Greeks in LV. Every single one said food was bad.
I must know the other half of Greeks in LV that said the lamb dinner plate was delicious and a bargain. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas