Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,461 times

Advertisements

Hello,
First post here.

My Wife and I will be moving to the Las Vegas area in the Fall of this year.

I have seen a lot about the low cost to rent (and buy) in Las Vegas, but I was wondering about the cost to rent in Henderson?

Also, I know that the unemployment rate in Las Vegas is high, 14% I believe? But in Henderson the UE is around 4%. I always hear and see that there are tons of opportunities in Vegas to get in entry level positions, but what about Henderson? Is the low employment rate due to any other factors? Or is it a good job market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 02:09 PM

152 posts, read 377,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Hello,
First post here.

I have seen a lot about the low cost to rent (and buy) in Las Vegas, but I was wondering about the cost to rent in Henderson?

Also, I know that the unemployment rate in Las Vegas is high, 14% I believe? But in Henderson the UE is around 4%. I always hear and see that there are tons of opportunities in Vegas to get in entry level positions, but what about Henderson? Is the low employment rate due to any other factors? Or is it a good job market?
"Las Vegas" is actually four different municipalities. City of Las Vegas, City of Henderson, City of North Las Vegas and unincorporated Clark County. The largest of these is actually unincorporated Clark County where almost half the population resides.

Unemployment is quoted for the area and is at 12.5 percent. I would think it unlikely you could calculate one for Henderson separately as a large portion of that population works in the other components of Las Vegas.

It is not a good job market. If however you are toward the service industries or medical or such it is probably livable.

Henderson itself is a good sized city. So it has good and bad, inexpensive and expensive housing as does the rest of the valley. In terms of renting or buying it is like much of the rest of Las Vegas.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by repru View Post
"Las Vegas" is actually four different municipalities. City of Las Vegas, City of Henderson, City of North Las Vegas and unincorporated Clark County. The largest of these is actually unincorporated Clark County where almost half the population resides.

Unemployment is quoted for the area and is at 12.5 percent. I would think it unlikely you could calculate one for Henderson separately as a large portion of that population works in the other components of Las Vegas.

It is not a good job market. If however you are toward the service industries or medical or such it is probably livable.

Henderson itself is a good sized city. So it has good and bad, inexpensive and expensive housing as does the rest of the valley. In terms of renting or buying it is like much of the rest of Las Vegas.
Here is a great website to hook up with if you live in Henderson. It let's you know what kind of crimes there are and how close they are you your home.

http://alertid.com

Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
I wonder if Henderson would be able to stand on its on with out being so close to Vegas or the strip?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I wonder if Henderson would be able to stand on its on with out being so close to Vegas or the strip?
Sure, it would be just like Beatty, or Tonopah.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Sure, it would be just like Beatty, or Tonopah.
Exactly right. Same as Sparks would be without Reno. This is the LAS VEGAS Valley, or LAS VEGAS metropolitan area. Doesn't matter if you step across the city limits line or not.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM

293 posts, read 641,602 times
I live in Henderson around Anthem/Del Webb area and pay 1300/month for rent and that is for a 2800 sq ft-4 br-3 bath-2 car garage..I also found work within a couple of weeks of showing up and would tell anyone that ther is plenty of work out there you just can not be lazy or content, you must go find what you want. We could really own a home, a decent one right now buying instead of renting as we pay a lot in rent but are in a very nice area where a lot of people want to move to since the schools around here(Lamping, Del Webb, Bob Miller, Coronado, Hend Inter) are some of the best ones.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 AM

436 posts, read 908,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Hello,
First post here.

The adjusted unemployment rate is more like 20% it would be wise to have a job when you get here as it is very hard to get jobs here and that wont change any time soon.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM

110 posts, read 174,212 times
Should be Henderson vs Las Vegas vs Summerlin.

We all know who would win that race.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
There is no place called Summerlin.....its a developement....it is a part of the LAS VEGAS VALLEY.

HENDERSON is a CITY unto itself
North Las Vegas is a CITY unto itself.

THATS it nothing more....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas