Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 PM

8 posts, read 12,397 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an idea of how much in salary I can expect in Las Vegas as a Family Nurse Practitioner without experience. I have 10 years experience as an RN working on a cardiac unit and medsurg. I am currently living in Texas and planning on relocating to Las Vegas in the next few weeks to be closer to family. I am currently making over 80K per year plus shift diff as an RN and would like to have a pay increase in my new role. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 PM

621 posts, read 538,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursegirl101 View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of how much in salary I can expect in Las Vegas as a Family Nurse Practitioner without experience. I have 10 years experience as an RN working on a cardiac unit and medsurg. I am currently living in Texas and planning on relocating to Las Vegas in the next few weeks to be closer to family. I am currently making over 80K per year plus shift diff as an RN and would like to have a pay increase in my new role. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
You single?

On a serious note, I did a quick search for Nurse Practitioner jobs in LV and 2/3 of the postings were $90K a year or more. Methinks I'm in the wrong biz.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:10 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,363,151 times
My wife is in the process of sending out resumes right now. She has 30 years experience as an RN and Care Coordinator/Case Manager and is now licensed in Illinois and Nevada. She would like to do something a little different in nursing but I'm not sure if this would be what she wants.

As a side note, getting the Nevada Nursing License was no picnic. I mean, she is certainly well qualified but the process is tough with what they require. It is all done though, and now it's just a matter of finding the right position. Ideally she would like to be at St. Rose Dominican Siena Campus (off of Eastern & St. Rose Pkwy) and they appear to have quite a few open positions right now.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:31 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,820 times
I have a RN friend who works for a personal injury attorney firm. She works from home. Loves her job. Put several years time in at Scripps first.

An RN can work for Pharm/Med equipment companies.

I don't dare say what I heard an ER nurse makes working the mid night shift at UMC. Too good to be true. But I'm sure they deserve it.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:56 PM

8 posts, read 12,397 times
Thanks for all the responses. I had total compensation package of 109K as an RN on my previous job. That is just as an RN. I have a Master's degree and I am an advance practice Registered nurse specializing as a family nurse practitioner, so I am hoping to make more. I have lived and worked in Vegas previously as an RN, but I am not sure what the pay is for an NP, I have heard as much as $95/hr but I am not expecting to make that. I would like more than $60/hr though.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:11 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
My wife is in the process of sending out resumes right now. She has 30 years experience as an RN and Care Coordinator/Case Manager and is now licensed in Illinois and Nevada. She would like to do something a little different in nursing but I'm not sure if this would be what she wants.

As a side note, getting the Nevada Nursing License was no picnic. I mean, she is certainly well qualified but the process is tough with what they require. It is all done though, and now it's just a matter of finding the right position. Ideally she would like to be at St. Rose Dominican Siena Campus (off of Eastern & St. Rose Pkwy) and they appear to have quite a few open positions right now.
That is EXACTLY where she wants to be! CNA's are making $300 a shift, so you can only imagine what an RN will make. I got the $300 a shift from $25 an hour on the 12 hour shifts St. Rose has.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:39 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,714 times
I have a couple friends who are NPs. Family practice is typically the lowest paying, but base is around 110-120k plus bonus if you want to work more. I have one friend who was working family practice 6 days a week 10 hours per day and making 160k or so including bonus.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I don't dare say what I heard an ER nurse makes working the mid night shift at UMC. Too good to be true. But I'm sure they deserve it.
I work at several hospitals in town as an RN and UMC is the LOWEST paying for its nurses.
Nurses go to UMC for the experience as a level 1 trauma center with very sick and critical patients...not for the pay. Unless your friend is in some sort of specialized, hard to get type of role.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursegirl101 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I had total compensation package of 109K as an RN on my previous job. That is just as an RN. I have a Master's degree and I am an advance practice Registered nurse specializing as a family nurse practitioner, so I am hoping to make more. I have lived and worked in Vegas previously as an RN, but I am not sure what the pay is for an NP, I have heard as much as $95/hr but I am not expecting to make that. I would like more than $60/hr though.
NP's do do well here in LV, search on Indeed. They have several job openings for NP's. Do you want an inpatient or outpatient job as an FNP? You can expect at least 100/K a year. Perhaps try for some emergency departments in town. They pay well. There are several "micro hospitals" in town due to open this year being built by Dignity Health and they are looking for providers currently. Look into these opportunities.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
That is EXACTLY where she wants to be! CNA's are making $300 a shift, so you can only imagine what an RN will make. I got the $300 a shift from $25 an hour on the 12 hour shifts St. Rose has.
I work for St. Rose and they do pay their RN's well. That is because of the union contract based out of California. Not because Dignity Health cares about their RN's. Quite the opposite...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: