Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,630,589 times

Advertisements

Hi all I will be visiting Vegas for the first time and I want to know what it is like. I will be staying at the Venetian and plan on hitting the Strip. Is the hotel right in the thick of the strip or on one of the tail ends?
Is it considered a nice hotel? I also found out that the nightclub Tao is located in the hotel. Is the club free to get in for guests of the hotel or is it open to anyone or do you still have to pay cover?

Coming from LA I've noticed in the pics online that people really dress up to go out in Vegas. In LA people don't really dress that nice, they're stylish here, but it's really just a bunch of stylish casual tees and boho chic. I am assuming it's not like that there considering most of the men I've seen wear long sleeve dress up shirts.

Finally, how is the scene? Is the city sociable? Can you really just have a blast and get lost in the city like they show in the movies? Because I was under the impression LA was like that before I moved and I ended up realizing my hometown is way rowdier. I just want to have an unforgettable time.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,136,470 times
The Venetian is a very nice property. Be sure to have breakfast at the Grand Lux while you are there, and dinner at Bouchon. The hotel itself is not party central, (it's upscale) but it is centrally located.

As far as dress codes go, Vegas is all over the map. Some people like to get dressed up, and others wear casual clothing. For some restaurants and clubs, men will need to wear a collared shirt (a polo shirt is usually fine).

Yes, you can just have a blast and get lost in the city. If you are here on a weekend, take a trip down to Fremont Street in the evening for the live music (free). That's like a giant street party and the people watching scene is pretty interesting. Enjoy!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,630,589 times
I thought The Venetian housed Tao nightclub and Tao Beach day club?

Also is there a lot more to do than just gamble and club?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,521,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post

Shopping, Museums, if you have a car you could go to Hover Dam or Red Rock Canyon.
I don't even party or anything and i still have a good time,
i usually just gamble, wander around the strip and downtown, and lay down by the pool.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,136,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post

Yes, they have Tao. I've never been there though, so I have no info for you on that. I'm sure it's nice. Remember, these properties are huge. Just because a person has been to one doesn't mean they've seen everything that it has to offer.

Hopefully someone who has been to Tao can chime in.

Venetian has their gondola rides thing, and there is some great shopping there, as well as at The Fashion Show Mall, and The Forum Shops at Caesars.

Be sure to check out the Bellagio fountains while you are in town.

Pick up a copy of the Las Vegas Weekly, or view online to see other things to do. If you want to go off-strip, we have Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, Hoover Dam & Lake Mead, as well as many other things. Depends on what your interests are.

Here's a link to the weekly Home - Las Vegas Weekly
Again, Enjoy!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:36 PM

2,854 posts, read 4,531,693 times
non gambling things to do, o my. where do we begin?

check out the ceilings while at the venetian
wax museum in the venetian
bellagio fountains
bellagio conservatory
big shot on top of the stratosphere
there was an antique car collection in the imperial palace, not sure if it's still there under the new name (the quad hotel)
& my all time favorite - the 3d movie at m&m world

i'm not a club person, but this might give you a better idea of tao:
The OFFICIAL SITE of TAO Nightclub & Asian Bistro - Las VegasTao Las Vegas
and yes, there are nights the line is THAT long to get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas