Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM

8 posts, read 55,099 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to LV from San Francisco in a couple of months. I would like to know if there is a gay neighborhood that I can look for apartments in that area. I am also looking to be close to things being as that I won't have a car (having a car in SF is a real hassle).

Thank you for all your help in advance. (Please don't post email addresses)

Timm

Last edited by observer53; 02-22-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
First you go down on the strip, or downtown if you prefer to start there.
Head South past FlamingO, get some In-N-Out from Dean Martin, at Tropicana.
stay on Dean Martin. Head North until you come to Jerry Lewis...going left will get you on Jerry Lewis. Go left on Harmon, go straight through City Center, East on Harmon past the Hard Rock until you reach Paradise. Go South. At Naples turn right into the parking lot of Piranhas...it's a gay club. They may be able to help you there...sorry I'm straight so I can't help any further.

I know about piranhas because I frequently pick gay guys up there!......I'm a cab driver!

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 02-22-2013 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
First you go down on the strip, or downtown if you prefer to start there.
Head South past FlamingO, get some In-N-Out from Dean Martin and Tropicana.
stay on Dean Martin and head North until you come to Jerry Lewis...go left will get you on Jerry Lewis. Go left on Harmon straight through City Center East on Harmon past the Hard Rock until you reach Paradise. So South. At Naples turn right into the parking lot of Piranhas...it's a gay club. They may be able to help you there...sorry I'm straight so I can't help any further.

I know about piranhas because I frequently pick gay guys up there!......I'm a cab driver!
>right click save target as...
INSTANT CLASSIC!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
There is no real gay community in Las Vegas as in SF. They are quite acceptable here and live with about the same distribution as straights.

There are some gay bars like Piranhas in Downtown but the area is actually quite diverse. Silverado is also diverse and is an area where you might get by without a car if working on or near the strip.

So no gay quarter... But nobody will bug you anywhere.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
Can't help you with the "where to live" part of your question, but you'll want to consider getting a car. Living in Las Vegas is not like living in San Francisco. There is no walkability factor.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM

8 posts, read 55,099 times
Thank you everyone for your help (?)

Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUYDLEFTY View Post
Thank you everyone for your help (?)
in case you had trouble decyphering LVOC or CYBORG........[very good posts but i cant rep ya]

THERE IS NO GAY NEIGHBORHOOD IN LAS VEGAS

Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Or......Las Vegas is a mostly libertarian city where people live and let live. You can live anywhere in Las Vegas.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
in case you had trouble decyphering LVOC or CYBORG........[very good posts but i cant rep ya]
Whaaaa? What are you talking about?

My directions and suggestions are accurate! What are YOU thinking?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There is no real gay community in Las Vegas as in SF. They are quite acceptable here and live with about the same distribution as straights.

There are some gay bars like Piranhas in Downtown but the area is actually quite diverse. Silverado is also diverse and is an area where you might get by without a car if working on or near the strip.

So no gay quarter... But nobody will bug you anywhere.
Uh, hardly.

...Yeah, did you see all of those scantily-clad pictures of muscle men on the taxis!
...Or all of the male card dealers ready to play "strip poker" with other men
...all of those tacky pictures of naked men being passed out on the Strip by illegals
...all of those places to go and get a lap dance from a guy along Industrial Rd.

Yeah, there are gay clubs, but they're scattered all throughout town, mainly east of the Strip.

Las Vegas is one of the most heterosexual cities on the planet! And there's not a darn thing wrong with that...but let's not pretend otherwise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas