Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,336 times

Advertisements

With all the sky rockets around Vegas/Henderson I assumed they were legal. I discovered this is not so. I am shocked at the blatant disregard for the law throughout the city. In California, at least the areas I am familiar with, police are on patrol big time and will arrest you immediately. I guess there is no "zero tolerance" here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM

526 posts, read 832,866 times
Yes, that's correct.

ISN'T IT GREAT !!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
As soon as some property gets damaged they'll put a stop to that. Just a matter of time until tragedy strikes.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
As soon as some property gets damaged they'll put a stop to that. Just a matter of time until tragedy strikes.

Tragedy strikes every year -- people blow their fingers off, and even kill themselves. Prohibition isn't going to make them any smarter. Besides, have you noticed all the little makeshift fireworks booths that pop up every July and December? A LOT of money is being made on fireworks. So palms get greased and Southern Nevada keeps chugging along.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
I saw on the news that all of the fireworks stands are to benefit charities. Any truth to that?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
why buy FW's... all I had to do was step outside and I was treated to sky based FW's in all for directions within a couple blocks at the furthest.
but then again, I had to pick up pieces of card board in the morning.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Tragedy strikes every year -- people blow their fingers off, and even kill themselves. Prohibition isn't going to make them any smarter. Besides, have you noticed all the little makeshift fireworks booths that pop up every July and December? A LOT of money is being made on fireworks. So palms get greased and Southern Nevada keeps chugging along.

I did not hear about that happening here, but I am talking more about an apartment complex going up up flames, perhaps a neighborhood, the sort of thing that would prompt a nationwide vigil, or at least a local one. Something that would really prompt action. They would stop it with strict enforcement. I'd say we're somewhat low risk.

From all the news I heard it seems we had a pretty safe 4th.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
With all the sky rockets around Vegas/Henderson I assumed they were legal. I discovered this is not so. I am shocked at the blatant disregard for the law throughout the city. In California, at least the areas I am familiar with, police are on patrol big time and will arrest you immediately. I guess there is no "zero tolerance" here.
Legality is a state of mind. Las Vegas does allow charity firework sales but all of the safe and sane variety. Nothing that goes into the air or explodes. So anything you see in the air or hear is illegal.

What you do see mostly comes from Pahrump where heavier duty fireworks are for sale. They are by the way illegal to shoot off in Nye County...but not illegal to sell.

During our many years in So. CA we always had a neighborhood fire works operation. Not actually an organized deal but a cooperative effort. We would park a couple of vehicles blocking off one dead end section and hold a "block party" there. In general the cops stayed away including a couple that lived on the block involved.

And from the looks of the sky there were many others.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,510 times
I was in Boise, Idaho over the weekend and there were more illegal rockets and mortars flying around that town than any I have ever seen. Vegas was nothing compared to that.

This is a pretty common thing in the intermountain west.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
With the number of people that shoot off illegal fireworks here, you'd need to call in the entire police force, the national guard, and the staff at Nellis to try to enforce the fireworks laws.

My neighborhood looks like Baghdad on "shock and awe night" on the fourth. Most of the people that use these things are smart enough to use them in the street and to have a bucket of water handy.

It's the idiots that shoot guns in the air that scare me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas