Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 04:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

Of course not logline but it will certainly set a precedent if these networks are required to post disclaimers. This particular show is egregious in advertising that these are true events. Time for a smack down. Shame on a decent restaurant like Marche Bacchus for participating.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:20 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Pawn stars is fake too. A friend of mine accompanied a buddy to a "motorcycle sale" The bike wasn't for sale at all, it was just tv stuff.

Mystery Diners is boring anyway. Restaurant Impossibe is much more entertaining. ( also fake)

If all they could come up with for MarcheBauccas was sexual harassment, I can tell you that in the restaurant industry, it's par for the course.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:22 PM

So true NLVgal re the sexual harrassment issue. I take exception to the fact that these shows are held out to be true by the Food Network. Enough already, they need to be held accountable. Marche Bacchus put an interesting twist on it though claiming that a female manager sexually harrassed an employee and two male customers. We know that is not the norm.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 08-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
My point Johnathan is that the Food Network and the restaurant owners claim this is true. Lying sacks of poop should pay the price. The public is intentionally deceived without a disclaimer.
Welcome to reality on all levels.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM

The majority of reality shows use regular people willing to act like idiots for their 15 minutes of fame. This show uses actors. That is an exception. I am surprised that these Las Vegas restaurant owners would risk their reputations for such questionable advertising.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:32 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Pawn stars is fake too. A friend of mine accompanied a buddy to a "motorcycle sale" The bike wasn't for sale at all, it was just tv stuff.

Mystery Diners is boring anyway. Restaurant Impossibe is much more entertaining. ( also fake)

If all they could come up with for MarcheBauccas was sexual harassment, I can tell you that in the restaurant industry, it's par for the course.

Sent from watch

Old 08-03-2013, 06:39 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
This reminds me of the situation Bear Grylls got into with his show Man vs Wild. If you haven't seen the show, it's a hardcore survivalist program where Bear is supposed to be in a remote location showing off his life or death skills which included a week living off the land by himself. Unfortunately, by the 2nd season it became apparent that his remote dire locations were usually near a Motel 6 that he stayed at during the shoot. Night shots were staged as were many animal encounters. After this came to light, Man vs Wild started showing a disclaimer that the show was for entertainment purposes and that not all scenes were real.

Here's a great video of the Remote Desert Island he "survived" on:

Man vs Wild fraud v2.0: Desert Island Loser - YouTube
That turned out to be on Oahu next to a 5 star camp ground and scenic park.

Here's a video of him crossing a dangerous "crevasse" that could collapse at any moment that just happens to be yards off from a busy highway:

Re: Man Vs. Wild, Bear Grylls is a Phony - YouTube

Anyway, these shows are all "fake" in that they are trying to entertain. Either be entertained or switch it off.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,026,528 times
Quote:
Here is the profile for the actress who played the obnoxious niece Dee Dee on the episode titled "All in the Family".
Deenie Castleberry - IMDb
Did you notice that she also has been in a couple of other reality tv shows? She played herself in an episode of Gene Simmons' The Family Jewels on A&E, as well as playing herself on Paris Hilton's reality show, The Simple Life on E!

Quote:
I get riled up when the Food Network advertises the show falsely. No disclaimer whatsoever.
Based on the above, you need to get riled up at A&E and E! as well. You better add HGTV to that list because I have personal experience with them and can tell you it is staged as well. In fact, when I objected to the producer/director giving me lines to say that were an out-an-out lie, he stated matter-of-factly that this wasn't a documentary; it was simple entertainment and the audience wanted a happy ending.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Did you notice that she also has been in a couple of other reality tv shows? She played herself in an episode of Gene Simmons' The Family Jewels on A&E, as well as playing herself on Paris Hilton's reality show, The Simple Life on E!

Based on the above, you need to get riled up at A&E and E! as well. You better add HGTV to that list because I have personal experience with them and can tell you it is staged as well. In fact, when I objected to the producer/director giving me lines to say that were an out-an-out lie, he stated matter-of-factly that this wasn't a documentary; it was simple entertainment and the audience wanted a happy ending.
At least you portrayed yourself. Maybe this will end in them all having to post disclaimers. Hmmm, that would be the end of reality TV. That would be a good thing.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM

I wonder why Charles Stiles would risk the credibility of his company to do the show.

Who We Are | Mystery Shopper Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: