Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,330 times

Advertisements

[Sure surprised me to see this on Wired. I do remember when this slipper stood proudly outside of The Silver Slipper on The Strip. A great poker game with all the ladies of the night hanging out at the bar.]

Quote:
Las Vegas glitters in the desert like a mirage, beckoning visitors to stop by for a drink—or a debauched weekend. But even if you don’t have a system to beat the house, you’ve probably been to Vegas. It’s the convention capital of the world, hosting about 20,000 annually. The 47-year-old Consumer Electronics Show that descends on Vegas each January is the biggest. This year, about 150,000 attendees will pump cash into Sin City nightlife—as well as less vice-ridden attractions. “From Red Rock Canyon to Hoover Dam,” mayor Carolyn Goodman says, “we’re an amazing hiking, climbing, cycling, and golf destination.” Plus, you know, gambling and booze.
I read the list and have to admit that I've never visited a single one of these places. And it left out The Springs Preserve along with a lot of others. The original Wired piece is @ Bulldozers, Bombs, and Neon: How to Enjoy Las Vegas Without the Sin | Underwire | Wired.com but I also recommend checking out this list @ Las Vegas Attractions | Pools, Museums, Golf | LasVegas.com which is a truly comprehensive list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 12:39 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
I've been here since july and I've done them all.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,296,810 times
I used to go down for training on a Sunday, and spend the entire week at the Carpenters International training center. I would never leave the training center except to walk around by the airport. My wife would fly down on Thursday, and we'd spend the weekend on the strip. We'd do the rides and coasters, hike at Red Rock, do the show at Fremont street, and the tour in to the Hoover dam. I've never gambled in Las Vegas ever. I think there's plenty to do without being sinful, but I can't admit what happens when the door closes at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: