Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:25 PM

129 posts, read 125,884 times

Advertisements

Whats your opinion on the The D ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboll View Post
Whats your opinion on the The D ?
its the old Fitzgerald's.. comparable to a motel 6.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 PM

402 posts, read 745,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboll View Post
My preference would be a nice hotel down on Freemont street. I asked for some ideas in a previous post, and I got some suggestions as to which ones to stay at, but when I looked at reviews for them online there were too many conflicting opinions. I stayed on the strip before so it isn't necessary for me to do it again this time, but I wouldn't be upset if I could do it again. My budget for the trip alone is around 400-500. I'd really like to try going to that fight Saturday night which is where the problem is. Saturday night room rates are double to triple the cost that night which is blowing my planned budget out of the water. Once I get over that hump I think I'll be good. Thanks.
Nice is such a subjective word. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Since Golden Nugget is out of your range, I'd suggest the El Cortez given how the rates are. They aren't under the canopy, but they are a block away and it isn't a nightmare to get to Fremont Street safely and easily. I would stay there before the D or Four Queens but those places aren't that much more expensive if you need to be "on Fremont".

Old 08-03-2014, 10:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Question.....are you going to use the pool or want eye candy? If so, the Nugget is your only answer.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Question.....are you going to use the pool or want eye candy? If so, the Nugget is your only answer.

No plans for any of that. Eye candy would be nice, but I expect to see that no matter where I am in Vegas on a weekend especially.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 PM

74 posts, read 86,203 times
I use Priceline for most, ok all, of my hotel reservations. I drove across the country once and used my app while driving to priceline my hotels the day of based on what city I would stay in. I have used Priceline over a dozen times in Vegas alone scoring some very good deals. It's one of the best cities for Priceline due to the large number of 4 star or greater hotels. I'd recommend naming your own price for 4 star hotels on and around the strip. You're far enough out so you can try some lowball offers the first few days. Due your homework first though and see what the 4 stars are charging for that weekend and then bid well below that. Plus it's fun.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Funny thing is I used to use Priceline a lot when the offered groceries and such, but once they stopped that I haven't been there. I'll play around with it tonight.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfriend15 View Post
I use Priceline for most, ok all, of my hotel reservations. I drove across the country once and used my app while driving to priceline my hotels the day of based on what city I would stay in. I have used Priceline over a dozen times in Vegas alone scoring some very good deals. It's one of the best cities for Priceline due to the large number of 4 star or greater hotels. I'd recommend naming your own price for 4 star hotels on and around the strip. You're far enough out so you can try some lowball offers the first few days. Due your homework first though and see what the 4 stars are charging for that weekend and then bid well below that. Plus it's fun.

Since we are talking LAS VEGAS, I avoid Priceline although I use them nearly exclusively outside of Nevada.

WHY?

Resort fees. You book a room for $40, think you have a good deal, and get assessed a large resort fee. No thanks.

Also, a lot of the "STRIP zones" include areas that are off-Strip.

Besides that, you can often do better using the hotel's website and e-mail club in both Las Vegas and Reno.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Thanks for that info. In my searching the results are showing some hotels that are listed as on the satrip, when I know they aren't. Same with Fremont street results. Another question for you; what is your opinion on the the Downtown Grand? Expedia is having a Wednesday sale.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:28 PM

74 posts, read 86,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Since we are talking LAS VEGAS, I avoid Priceline although I use them nearly exclusively outside of Nevada.

WHY?

Resort fees. You book a room for $40, think you have a good deal, and get assessed a large resort fee. No thanks.

Also, a lot of the "STRIP zones" include areas that are off-Strip.

Besides that, you can often do better using the hotel's website and e-mail club in both Las Vegas and Reno.
I just don't pay the resort fees. It's pretty simple. Tell them that the resort fees were not in your pre-paid quote and you do not wish to pay. Sure, you will probably lose out on the free wi-fi, but who needs that nowadays anyway? I've not had a hotel put up any resistance on this yet. Did it successfully at Tropicana, Harrahs, and Ballys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas