Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,839 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Las Vegas and am going to be purchasing my first house soon. I am Caucasian and on Disability but have other ways of support as well. I am definitely looking for a safe area. I have animals and would prefer a Single family or a Townhouse.

Somewhere not to far from Spring Valley Medical Center would be good, if possible.

I am renting an apartment now, but the rent is very expensive.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times
Even though you live here, this thread will give you many neighborhood comparisons. Best idea? Go out and see the neighborhoods for yourself, as your idea of a "safe area" may differ entirely from someone else's. MOVING (or considering moving) TO THE VEGAS VALLEY??? START HERE!

Old 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM

499 posts, read 1,059,867 times
I would start by checking http://www.redfin.com/city/25785/NV/Spring-Valley to see what is available in your price range.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:01 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,916 times
why wouldn't you, as a single person that is disabled, look into using an agent?

Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluver49 View Post
I just moved to Las Vegas and am going to be purchasing my first house soon. I am Caucasian and on Disability but have other ways of support as well. I am definitely looking for a safe area. I have animals and would prefer a Single family or a Townhouse.

Somewhere not to far from Spring Valley Medical Center would be good, if possible.

I am renting an apartment now, but the rent is very expensive.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Well buy a place in Spring Valley or nearby. How high a budget? Animals up to three are not a problem though you can have some noise from an HOA depending on type and sizes. SV has nice places. Lakes and Pecole Ranch work a little upscale.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:27 PM

34 posts, read 40,777 times
Spring valley is perfect for cats.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Well buy a place in Spring Valley or nearby. How high a budget? Animals up to three are not a problem though you can have some noise from an HOA depending on type and sizes. SV has nice places. Lakes and Pecole Ranch work a little upscale.
If OP wants upscale, Spring Valley can deliver and more of it compared to the Lakes and Peccole Ranch. Whether its condo/townhomes/tract homes or custom built homes on large lots, generally speaking Spring Valley is comparable with more selection of homes and better with more amenities, shopping to dining to hospitals to parks........

Just saying but the OP is not asking for upscale and your post is a little dig at Spring Valley!!

Old 08-18-2014, 11:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
If OP wants upscale, Spring Valley can deliver and more of it compared to the Lakes and Peccole Ranch. Whether its condo/townhomes/tract homes or custom built homes on large lots, generally speaking Spring Valley is comparable with more selection of homes and better with more amenities, shopping to dining to hospitals to parks........

Just saying but the OP is not asking for upscale and your post is a little dig at Spring Valley!!
Uhhh no. My point was the OP was likely working low end and would likely not be able to afford Pecole and the Lakes. So I was suggesting OP may want older SV.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Uhhh no. My point was the OP was likely working low end and would likely not be able to afford Pecole and the Lakes. So I was suggesting OP may want older SV.

Yeah right OP was not asking asking specifically for the Lakes nor Peccole Ranch nor asking for any upscale property. I was born in the morning but not this morning!

Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,282 times
Dear cat lover
You and I have some commonalities. I am single and disabled
Last Sept I bought a condo on charleston blvd, right around the
Area the previous posters mention.. and I have one kitty.

Its a good area for the price. You would be outside summerlin and (I think)
The lakes. Someone told me that I am in the lakes but I think
I'm in between these areas.
I go to Christ the King church. It is in spring valley, on Torrey Pines just sough
Of Tropicana. I think they are all nice areas.
Springs valley is a little older but the people I know who
Live there like it. Of course each block can be unique, it's one of
The areas I. Which people know their neighbors.

I bought through a realtor on this forum (and very pleased).
I will send you a private message.

I would also take the advice to check out neighborhoods at different
Times of the day. I was coming from cali so I used the crime zip code
Map, which you can access by searching the forum.
Can't believe it's almost a year since I moved here !
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: