Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:50 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Don't forget to factor in HOA fees when making your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 06:37 AM

14 posts, read 19,780 times
thanks all. Still waiting to hear on lone mt. house- put in an offer on a house in Providence that we toured via skype yesterday- fingers crossed on that one as it has everything we're looking for but no pool!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 AM

45 posts, read 61,846 times
Summerlin has better "planned community" resources, including the network of parks and trails, etc. Living in Lone Mountain is fine, too, though instead of it being planned, you usually find lovely custom homes here with somewhat less aggressive HOA scrutiny, and there are a number of excellent parks with facilities that are at least as good as you'd find in Summerlin, since some are newer. Lone Mtn Regional Park is only a year old, for example. I think it would help you to know who you neighbors are, whether there are any kids in the surrounding families, and whether the neighbors know and interact with each other. We got lucky and found a cul-de-sac where the neighbors all know each other and we even socialize together. At the moment, most of us are retired, but in the past, the homes here all had kids about the same age, so they would pal around together here and at school. It makes for a lovely "village" environment to raise children. You should also check out the schools, of course. You can do that online (CCSD), just as you can look up the neighbors online (Clark County Assessor) and the crime map (LV Metro Police). In Lone Mtn, we have had a few home and car break-ins, so, I'm not in a gated community, we recently formed a Neighborhood Watch and haven't had any incidents (yet) since posting the Neighborhood Watch signs. Make yourself aware of any applicable HOA fees and the CC&Rs that will help govern your life: It is possible to have several different HOAs charging monthly fees, so check carefully. You should compare your utilities (the utility companies will tell you the previous annual cost for that home if you call and ask them) and compare it to what you've been paying. We found that, despite having a pool, our cost of living in LV is lower than where we lived before. Good luck to you and your family!

Old 09-24-2014, 03:46 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Love the 89129 zip code, I used to live in the area for many years. Family is still living there. I love the parks and even before all the parks I would hike up the trails at the end of Cheyenne, lovely views. No 215 Beltway back then nor homes down below near the trails.

I also love driving on Cheyenne Ave. whenever I visit my family, the median with its Rock Garden and Metal Sculptures, definitely a smart way of streetscaping unlike Sum......!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: