Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM

3 posts, read 8,800 times

Advertisements

i am thinking of moving to the vegas area and would appreciate any information people could give me on comparisons of the areas in which the bermuda pyle and the iron mountain homes are located. i know one's in the southern part of vegas and the others in the far northwest but that is about the extent of the information i know. any knowledgable posts would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
What would you like to know? Bermuda Pyle is an intersection. It is sometimes used to refer to the Rural Estates area located next to that intersection. The area as a whole is south strip. It is just east of Las Vegas Blvd and south of Silverado Ranch.

It is general a nice area mostly built out though still with some vacant land in the Rural Estate areas. It ranges from small town houses to million dollar spreads.

Iron Mountain is a section line road on the north edge of the valley. It is about two miles south of the end of civilzation at Moccasin. It is in the City of Las Vegas with some county Rural Estate pockets, and is developmed beween 95 and Durango and just west of Decatur. Homes range from some large acreage ranches to high density residental tracts. All the tracts are relatively new. Generally nice, new shiny area.

Iron Mountain Estates is a set of tracts ranging from very large homes on 1/3 acres down to a few attached homes. The area is very inexpensive in terms of per square foot cost. Heavily impacted by the foreclosures. Some of the bigger homes get below $100 per SF.

Last edited by olecapt; 01-15-2008 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM

thank you for your reply oelcapt, i have a four year old son who is about to start school this year. which of the two areas have the better schooling? i am also korean and was wondering which area has more korean people, the south or northwest. i noticed that the bermuda pyle homes and the iron mountain estates have the same model homes but the bermuda pyle homes are anywhere from 150,000 to 300,000 dollars more expensive for the exact same model of home. could you help me understand why that is?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
I live in one of the Iron Mountain Ranch tracts (the furthest north one), and they're quite nice. Mind you, the nearest gas station is at Costco, which is 3.5 miles away. If you look at a map, the major cross streets are Jones & Horse. There is a brand new elementary school at the entrance to my tract, and it's a pretty quiet area. As far as Koreans, I can't answer that for you. The neighborhood is pretty diverse.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:17 AM

thanks for the info motel man. the specific area i was looking at in iron mountain are the iron mountain estates. what is that specific area like? is there good schools their for my young son? what kind of restaurants and shopping is there nearby? is that the area where the new outdoor mall is being built?

Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Forget Bermuda Pyle...check out Gomer Pyle instead!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:53 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
i say that you should look at Bermuda/Pyle because it is all about the conveniences...lots and lots of shopping like Town Square, Outlet Mall, the shopping on Blue Diamond and Eastern..., there is even a gas station on Pyle, lol...the area also has a lot of Asian markets around...there's one at Silverado Ranch and LVBS, Maryland Parkway and Pebble, and one at Eastern and Pebble...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
As to schools Bermuda Pyle goes to Bass...a good but not top flight school.

Iron Mountain goes to Bilbray which is in the top 10%.

You will likely find a higher asian/pacific population in Bermuda Pyle. They will however tend to be Hawaiian. Still more Asians in that general area.

Iron Mountain will tend to have less Asians/Pacific folk. Though they will be represented. Iron Mountain will likely be younger.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:56 AM

7 posts, read 129,395 times
A new gas station is going in this year at the corner of Decatur and Horse , along with a mini mart, currently only a spa has rented space in this shopping plaza, but a nail salon has already signed a lease, and we have put in a letter of intent on a tanning salon in this same plaza.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:59 AM

7 posts, read 129,395 times
Iron Mountain Estates are all on 1/2 acres, the schools are very good, I have a 5 year old and a thirteen year old. We have lived up here for 3 1/2 years. The asian population is represented in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas