Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:33 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedotazz View Post
This is the only language I could see on the paperwork closest to the issue regarding financing...
Bolded parts were bolded on the paper...
Check your other paperwork. There may be a separate form explaining the terms. It may be that the leasing company came back with a tier 2 approval instead of a tier 1, or vice-versa. If it's the opposite, and the leasing company came back with a tier 1 after you signed for tier 2, your payment may go back down, as most leasing companies only allow a dealership a certain markup on the money factor (normally 70 basis points, but it varies).

Most importantly, what did the F&I manager say when you called him back?

Old 10-13-2014, 04:38 PM

66 posts, read 133,103 times
The line "No agreements exist between you and Lessor except as set forth in this Lease" tells me I shouldn't be missing any pages pertaining to the agreement. The breakdown of the fees are all on the first page. The sentence I quoted above is on the other side of the sheet.

The other stuff I have pertain to my trade in, and things they try to upsell (like GAP, LoJack, etc)

The manager just said that manufacturer's bank didn't approve, and that I needed to come in to discuss further.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:45 PM

He has a customer coming in right now, and can't talk.
I "need to come in". How convenient.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
The line "No agreements exist between you and Lessor except as set forth in this Lease" tells me I shouldn't be missing any pages pertaining to the agreement. The breakdown of the fees are all on the first page. The sentence I quoted above is on the other side of the sheet.

The other stuff I have pertain to my trade in, and things they try to upsell (like GAP, LoJack, etc)

The manager just said that manufacturer's bank didn't approve, and that I needed to come in to discuss further.
If they didn't approve, then it is what it is. He probably wants to put you through a different leasing company that may be more lenient given your situation.

The separate form would be between you and the dealership, not between you and the lessor. It will be a standard form stating that, in the event financing (or leasing in your case) doesn't go through, you are to return the car and get your trade and monies back. At that point you can choose to do so, or agree to the terms for which you get approved.

This happens on a regular basis. The only way around financing issues is to pay cash for your cars. But until there is an executed contract with the leasing company, at the terms they dictate, there is no deal. I know it is frustrating, but now you weigh your options. Either take your old car back and start over with another brand/dealership, etc, or see if the leasing company's terms are agreeable.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
He has a customer coming in right now, and can't talk.
I "need to come in". How convenient.
Yeah, that, unfortunately, is pretty common practice with F&I managers. There's a better chance of you agreeing to the new terms instead of unraveling the deal if you are in a chair in front of him and not on the phone.

My recommendation - set a ceiling of affordability, and stick to it. Realize that your original deal is probably not going to happen. If they can get to or below that ceiling, and you're comfortable with the payments, then do it. If not, unwind the deal and start over. I feel for ya, though. It's one of the main reasons I don't like buying cars, and I was in the business most of my life. Just not a fun way to spend your evening. I do things a bit differently based on my experience, but, in your situation now, I would recommend doing the above.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 PM

So this is not illegal for them to do, is what I gather from the responses, even with the signed paperwork --- correct?
If so, I'll just return the car to them as soon as they refund my down payment in full, as well as the car I traded in.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
So this is not illegal for them to do, is what I gather from the responses, even with the signed paperwork --- correct?
If so, I'll just return the car to them as soon as they refund my down payment in full, as well as the car I traded in.
Correct. Not illegal. Your plan is one of your options. If paid by credit card, they can do a reversal immediately. If by check or cash, you'll want to be there before the office closes so someone can cut a check. Offices normally close at 5:00p, by the way.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 PM

I really appreciate your help Raiderman!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate your help Raiderman!
No problem. Hope it works out for you.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:59 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
They did a spot delivery. Here's where it gets tricky.. Carmax is famous for this. Let's say the car you bought was $20k and they gave you $1k for your trade. There was no payoff on your car..you owned it free and clear... In Nevada, you have to return the car and they don't have to give you your trade back. They can give you the $1k.

Happened to my coworker at carmax... They gave her $300 for her running Saturn in trade... Jacked the interest rate and gave her 300 bucks..

Perfectly legal..not right...but legal..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: