Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 PM

128 posts, read 183,658 times

Advertisements

I've also thought about renting a room in a house as well but wasn't sure if Craigslist would be a good site to use. Being as though some people aren't always legit on that site. Did you find that renting a room was a lot cheaper than renting an apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystronyx View Post
I've spent the last week looking at apartments. Many places require that you make at least 3 times your rent per month ($800 would mean you need to make $2,400). Many check credit, but many are also so desperate to scam people into signing leases that they might be on the lax side. I say "scam" because so many seem desperate to sell you into a 12-15 month lease. Just seems more like a sales pitch than an effort to make sure you and them are a good fit.

I chose to rent a room in a house with some really cool people. Rent is low and includes all utilities; it's a month-to-month agreement; and the house is entirely furnished with private outside entrance to my room. I recommend considering this option if you're having trouble with apartments. I found mine on Craigslist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,946,467 times
Yep having family from the south I know about the dumb questions and the way they think... When we moved to Alaska (my dad was in the air force) his sisters wanted to know Why they were sending him to the North pole???

Also didn't want to come visit us when we lived in Denver,Colorado, because they feared falling off the side of the mountains where EVERYONE lived...

And when we lived in San Antonio and were going to go across the border at Laredo, they wanted to know who was going to watch the kids since no children were allowed in Mexico...

Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,014,915 times
I was standing at the Washington Monument, and actually heard a lady ask a park ranger how they got all the flags to fly in the same direction....

And a fishing guide in Key West informs me he was once asked what they did with the wildlife when the trip was done...

Old 10-22-2014, 01:48 AM

255 posts, read 452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I was standing at the Washington Monument, and actually heard a lady ask a park ranger how they got all the flags to fly in the same direction....

And a fishing guide in Key West informs me he was once asked what they did with the wildlife when the trip was done...
OMG that is hilarious!

Old 10-22-2014, 01:08 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,391,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Yep having family from the south I know about the dumb questions and the way they think... When we moved to Alaska (my dad was in the air force) his sisters wanted to know Why they were sending him to the North pole???

Also didn't want to come visit us when we lived in Denver,Colorado, because they feared falling off the side of the mountains where EVERYONE lived...

And when we lived in San Antonio and were going to go across the border at Laredo, they wanted to know who was going to watch the kids since no children were allowed in Mexico...
That may not be so far fetched about Laredo. Well, it kind if is... But, when a couple of us from CH-3 were transferred to Laredo to help upgrade the station there, our chief engineer and his wife took their new baby across while the general manager was giving us a tour of both sides of the river since locals on both sides cross back and forth almost daily. Coming back, the Customs ID-10-Ts wanted to confiscate the baby because none of us had any idea they might need her birth certificate to get back. None of us needed any ID, but the baby did. I crossed that border about three times a week for three years, and I was asked to pull over while they looked in my trunk only two times. Once because it was a slow night, and I had Nevada plates. They guy was being transferred to Nevada so he just wanted to ask questions about living in Las Vegas. The other time was because my bro-in-law was in the back seat and he had long hair.

Re Denver AFB: Did you 'splain that the planes landed on the Plains?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,955,084 times
You definitely won't find sub-$3 gas in CA, that's for sure:
Las Vegas Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Nevada

I'm still amazed by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: