Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:24 AM

59 posts, read 66,980 times

Advertisements

Hi all. This question is for anyone who works at Venetian/ palazzo. Specifically for cocktail waitresses but any position will do. I had interviewed last week for a cocktail waitress position with the director and it seemed like it went well. She said I'll be hearing back as they want to move this along quickly as they are eager to fill the position. She didn't specify when I would hear back. Another girl who was also at interview met with same director and was told she MIGHT hear back sometime next week. It's the beginning of the next week and neither of us have heard back. Is this a bad sign?

Could they be doing our background and reference check before calling with job offer? Because I don't think so but who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:23 AM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
I would send her a quick note to remind her you exist, and see if you get anything back.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:07 PM

Thanks BBMW,

I only know the director's name I don't have her contact but I know HRs number. Should I leave a message with HR then?

Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM

698 posts, read 986,013 times
Try looking her up on LinkedIn, she may have her contact info there. If not, try googling her name and title, sometimes her contact information may come-up. If it does I'd send her an email thanking her for the interview and asking for an update.

As a general rule I advise as part of wrapping-up an interview to ask what their next steps are, when you should expect to hear back from them AND asking if it would be OK to follow-up IF you haven't heard back by said date.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:19 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I would send her a quick note to remind her you exist, and see if you get anything back.
100% do this... or try given the limited contact info you have... it shows you are interested and someone I know got a job because they followed up

Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 PM

Thanks everyone! So ok, reach out on linked I'm then right? She won't think I'm a stalker? I told her at interview how badly I wanted this job so she knows and I'm totally willing to reach out to her via linked in or even call HR of it won't weird her out.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:24 PM

I also could buy a thank you card at walmart and drop it off with HR for her??of is that a bit much?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
I would take a stab at e-mailing her. Try to send e-mail to first initial last name @ sands.com if that bounces back try first name . last name @ sands.com and it that bounces back try first name last name @ sands.com etc until you hit on the right combination.

Generally one of those will probably work, unless her last name is so common that there might be more than 1 person with an e-mail of jsmith@sands.com so she might be jxsmith or something else to set her apart.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
I would take a stab at e-mailing her. Try to send e-mail to first initial last name @ sands.com if that bounces back try first name . last name @ sands.com and it that bounces back try first name last name @ sands.com etc until you hit on the right combination.

Generally one of those will probably work, unless her last name is so common that there might be more than 1 person with an e-mail of jsmith@sands.com so she might be jxsmith or something else to set her apart.
You are brilliant. Thank you! I will try this

I googled her as qingguy suggested and found her first and last name! Not to be an idiot but that should I say? Just thank you, it was a pleasure meeting her and I hope she selects me as this is my dream job? I have to google what to say but you all sound like experts so I value your suggestions

Last edited by FacelessinVegas; 11-05-2014 at 07:05 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:25 PM

698 posts, read 986,013 times
I'd say something like; thank you for the opportunity to interview with you. Then point out something that she might have said that aligns with your skill set or experience, e.g., you mentioned the club has a high end clientle; at XYZ club that I worked at we often served CEO's of several of the local companies so I'm very comfortable with that level of client and feel I would excel within your organization.

You mentioned you would be making your decision this week. If I haven't heard from you by Friday would it be OK if I reached out to you on Monday to follow-up?

Thanks for your consideration . . ."

Hope that helps. I'll see if I can track down how sands does their email naming for you.

EDIT: Found a couple of their senior executives email addresses and they look like this FirstName.LastName@venetianpalazzo.com so if the name was Bob Smith it would be bob.smith@venetianpalazzo.com. If it's a common name like Bob Smith it may not work because there could be several Bob Smiths working there. Hope that helps.

Last edited by qingguy; 11-05-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas