Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:43 PM

645 posts, read 706,669 times

Advertisements

Hi I am getting a nice surround sound system, however my house lot is small and my neighbors are very close to me (N LV). I am wondering when are the hours for loud music? When I was living in a condo it was 8 to 5pm or so. I would imagine it's similar for houses? also different people have different tolerance for music, I got an old couple on one side (but they are usually cool) and a young family on the other side. What's like the law is there hours for music, decibel noise level? fines? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
actually i think if the music disrupts the neighbors, they can call in anytime.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:41 PM

186 posts, read 238,691 times
Check the clark county site they should have something there. If I were you I would still be considerate of those around you, even if they are cool. You wouldn't want neighbors calling the cops on you cause you're the noisy guy.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:28 PM

23,216 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Bear in mind, there's an estimated 24,000 night shift workers in this city, like myself, who sleep all day and are up all night!

How would you like a night shift worker playing his music loud at 2am?

Old 11-19-2014, 11:13 PM

775 posts, read 776,015 times
I know it is not the same but if your system is that good, get some equally terrific headphones. Old school response, but should keep the heat off.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:27 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,748 times
http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/d...09_english.pdf

https://www.municode.com/library/nv/...8.28.010EXNOUN

You should test your system by asking your neighbors if/when it's too loud. I had no idea there was a change in policy. Great question.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,657 times
the most annoying sound is the deep bass woofer thumping sound that flow through walls. gives me a headache.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:12 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,937,272 times
I seriously can't understand why someone has to have their music/noise so loud I can hear it in my house....

Old 11-20-2014, 09:57 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,468,374 times
Fire it up, put on a loud action scene, and go outside between the house, and see if you can hear it. If you can turn it down till you can't. Also, does your den/living room span the width of the house? If not, you likely really need to worry about the outside wall of that room facing the neighbor. Add some insulation and/or wall covering to mute the sound going that way. If you have a window on that wall, put up heavy curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
Hi I am getting a nice surround sound system, however my house lot is small and my neighbors are very close to me (N LV). I am wondering when are the hours for loud music? When I was living in a condo it was 8 to 5pm or so. I would imagine it's similar for houses? also different people have different tolerance for music, I got an old couple on one side (but they are usually cool) and a young family on the other side. What's like the law is there hours for music, decibel noise level? fines? thanks

Old 11-20-2014, 10:11 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,858,753 times
What to you is a "nice surround sound system"? It's the LFE effects in bass-heavy movies, like U-571, LOTR, or any of these: The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - AVS Forum that are going to bother your neighbors. But you'd still need a monstrous subwoofer, placed near one of your exterior walls, that was close (minimum setback) to a neighbor's wall. Even then I think you might be ok unless you and/or your neighbor have large windows in your facing walls.

I've owned some pretty serious home theater subwoofers - Sunfire True Subwoofer, Paradigm Servo 15, JL Audio Fathom, and you could barely hear them at the property line even when they were shaking pictures off the walls, and definitely couldn't hear them inside the neighboring homes. That's because the theater room placement put at least 30 feet and several walls between the subwoofer and the neighbor's closest exterior wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas