Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 09:07 PM

41 posts, read 68,712 times

Advertisements

Okay, I suppose tipping isn't the norm for grocery delivery. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 02:23 AM

645 posts, read 707,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
The following site provides most of the info about Von's grocery delivery services:

Vons - Online Groceries | Grocery Delivery

There's a $49 minimum order and, on your first order, there is no delivery fee. I can't remember what the cut off is for fees after that, but my orders have typically been $200+ and they've thrown in free delivery.

The service has been very good. The drivers of the refrigerated trucks have always kept me updated by phone of their status and any changes. They don't just meet you in a parking lot and hand it over - the service includes bringing the groceries into your home and putting them on the kitchen counter (or where ever you choose).

Some tips: Make sure you specify that Von's can substitute for products you ordered but aren't available. You may not get the brand of cheese you ordered, but you'll still get the same type of cheese rather than nothing. Load up on the heavy/bulky stuff you struggle to drag home from the store - like cases of water, beer, soda, toilet tissue, paper towels... etc. Lastly, go through your item check list as the groceries are unloaded. On a large order it's easy for items to get left on the truck.

Bill

hmm I don't see free delivery for 200+, or anything free. I see under 150 is 14 dollars and 10 for over 150.

there is fuel charge also? 10 cents when it goes over 2.75 per gallon, intersting.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:46 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Smiths didn't have a couple of things we needed so we went to Vons. They had one, but not the other. While we were checking out the person at the register noted the brand of what we bought and told us they wouldn't be carrying that brand much longer since they are becoming Haggen. More organic less of the things people actually buy.

Wonderful. Now we probably can't get what Smiths doesn't carry. Man I wish there was a HyVee here.
I just noticed the Haggen ads in our mail this week. I've been gone for two months though so they could have been arriving sooner. I'll have to check them out.

Also when I was at Walmart the clerk looked at me and then said they're going to start stocking more organic produce and products. I didn't even say anything to her. I've seen this in other Walmart stores where I've lived.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
The more organic the better as long as it is not too costly.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarge View Post
Okay, I suppose tipping isn't the norm for grocery delivery. Thanks guys.
I used to get grocery delivery from winder farms and Albertsons. I never saw the winder farms guys, but I always tipped the Albertsons delivery men. I left Christmas tips in the cooler for the winder farms guys.

It's an expensive option, but it actually saved me money because I wasn't in the store to make any impulse buys. They usually waived the delivery fee. That's not an option for me currently, but it's not too shabby.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:36 AM

winder farm how are they? saw them in groupon but reviews were bad so I didn't buy it.

Vons items for home delivery is more expensive than in-store, and they don't offer buy one get one free for home delivery when they do so in-store, along with some other discount/benefits are gone. I am just giving it a try since they waive the delivery fee if you order with in 24 hours of registration. we will see how it goes.

btw 1 hour delivery window vs 2 and 4 hours what's the difference, it doesn't say in faq or anywhere.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
We tried Winder Farms once (a trial run)and the quality did not compare to what they advertise, plus everything was so pricey. For regular produce. I can get organic produce at Smiths for 1/3 the price of their regular stuff.
Winder Farms is weird on the pricing. Their prices constantly fluctuate when trying to order from their site, it gets very irritating each time we would add something and the price would change on whatever we had in the cart,(price increases) it kept doing that and made ordering for the first and last time with them really frustrating.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:01 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We tried Winder Farms once (a trial run)and the quality did not compare to what they advertise, plus everything was so pricey. For regular produce. I can get organic produce at Smiths for 1/3 the price of their regular stuff.
Winder Farms is weird on the pricing. Their prices constantly fluctuate when trying to order from their site, it gets very irritating each time we would add something and the price would change on whatever we had in the cart,(price increases) it kept doing that and made ordering for the first and last time with them really frustrating.
Their milk was really good, but it's carried at certain Smiths locations now, so hardly worth the bother.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:17 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,813,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
hmm I don't see free delivery for 200+, or anything free. I see under 150 is 14 dollars and 10 for over 150.

there is fuel charge also? 10 cents when it goes over 2.75 per gallon, intersting.
All I know is what they charge me - and I've never paid delivery fees or specialty fees. Maybe it's because I've been buying from Von's for over 4 years now. Maybe not.

Bill

Old 08-21-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

yeah that's what I saw on groupon reviews, odd pricing and crappy delivery service.

so smith got their milk? gonna try it out they kept saying it's great etc. It's weird some milk I am lactose intolerant some I ain't, fun to try them out when I shop at a new store.

I am confused by the VONS pricing, in store I saw one price but online I saw another, but after delivery it seems to be in-store price. Or maybe the VONS I saw is different than the one that delivered. do the items cost more online vs in store? (excluding delivery fee min purchase etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas