Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 PM

529 posts, read 514,093 times

Advertisements

Common sense says they can't have this many vehicles and can't park commercial vehicles in a residential area. I'm not sure what approaching them does other than cause more future conflict. I wrote a letter once to a neighbor behind me I didn't know and it worked. It wasn't anonymous, but in this scenario maybe it should be, if you took that approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 01:05 AM

469 posts, read 497,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
I think part of the problem in today's society is that people just don't talk to one another anymore. Dropping a dime on someone prior to even approaching them in a friendly manner and trying to work things out is not the way to get things done and has never been the course of action followed in my family or by my ancestors. It seems today everyone is too busy on their cellphones or tablets to even make eye contact. People don't use common sense.

Once I had purchased a new home in a nice area on a small slope. My next door neighbor (on the uphill side) decided to turn their back yard into a concrete patio. This created a flood in my back yard every time it rained from their runoff. I spoke with them and they were oblivious to what was happening. They were apologetic but basically believed they could do what they wanted on their property. A real estate attorney told me I had a slam dunk winning case. I decided not to pursue it because these folks were my neighbors and I was going to have to live with them for a long time. So I built a planter, ran drainage lines and landscaped my back yard in such a manner that it resolved the problem - then I invited them over for the back yard picnic. Did it cost me some money? Yes. Was I a sap? Maybe. But I ended up with pretty nice neighbors in the long run and the whole issue was resolved.

My point being that you should try to work things out before going to some higher authority to intercede. That's never a good thing in my opinion and can lead to bigger issues down the road.
I completely agree and of course not a lot of people wouldn't understand this type of approach because it is usually taken the wrong way by assumption.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:15 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,501,432 times
Talking to my neighbor did not solve the problem I was going through, calling the cops was useless, association is useless, neighbor is arrogant, she and her bratty children causing too much noise for hours everyday turning the condo into a track and field and playground all in one causing massive noise for hours at a time. I was tired and lost rest, I work graveyard shift but none of it matters to this white trash renter.

Oh and my white trash neighbor placed a restraining order on me. When her lease was up she moved, guess where she moved? Behind my building, she rented a unit on a second floor once again. I feel bad for her new neighbor homeowner, a senior citizen. Perhaps he is deaf because of old age but otherwise, he will experience the same thing I went through for a year.

Low class trashy people abound in Clark County, NV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: