Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 AM

52 posts, read 200,082 times

Advertisements

Well, I've searched and searched and either I stink at searching or there are no shopping malls in the Northwest Centennial Hills part of LV. I'm fine with that, I don't care much for malls, to be honest. But the holidays are upon us and my youngest two boys really really want to visit with Santa. I know there's the Fremont street thing, but to be honest, I don't like the downtown area much at all and would rather not go down that way. Is there a place more up in our corner of town that I might find a nice chance to take the boys to tell Santa their wish list and snap a photo?

Or is there a shopping mall that I'm missing? The closest I've found is Meadows Mall which I did NOT like at all (I found it kind of gross, to be honest) and is not very close, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 03:16 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
What's so gross about the Meadows Mall? It's a clean, middle class mall. No Dullards, Needless Markup, or Sucks 5th Avenue. If that's what you're looking for, go to the Fashion Show on the Strip.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
I'd have to agree with the OP regarding Meadows. While I haven't been there since 1999, it was a pretty unkept place even back then- given it's location, I'd be willing to bet it's gotten worse, not better, since.

The downside to LV with regard to malls is that there aren't many, and the only clean, decent malls are Galleria way down in Hooterville, and Fashion Show, which is out of the typical family's price range. Meadows and Boulevard have (had) way too many hood rats.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:20 AM

52 posts, read 200,082 times
Honestly what I want is a nice clean family friendly place to take the kids to see Santa. I'm not looking for shopping so much as a good Santa that isnt on the strip or downtown.

When I went to Meadows the lace literally smelled bad. Maybe it was a fluke and something was wrong that day but we stayed only about 15 minutes because the smell was so disgusting that I had to get out of there. I'm thinking I'd rather not revisit that experience just to see Santa.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:43 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
We go to Opportunity Village every year, but it costs to go. My mother-in-law gets the tickets a CVS. Lots of things for Kids, and a great atmosphere. Here is the website Opportunity Village - Las Vegas' Favorite Charity (http://www.opportunityvillage.org/content/?c=28 - broken link)

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 AM

278 posts, read 1,083,721 times
RE: Opportunity Village
How much are pics with Santa? and all of the other things? Just want to make sure I bring enough money with me.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'd have to agree with the OP regarding Meadows. While I haven't been there since 1999, it was a pretty unkept place even back then- given it's location, I'd be willing to bet it's gotten worse, not better, since.

The downside to LV with regard to malls is that there aren't many, and the only clean, decent malls are Galleria way down in Hooterville, and Fashion Show, which is out of the typical family's price range. Meadows and Boulevard have (had) way too many hood rats.
the Galleria has actually gotten pretty dirty...the only malls i go to now are the Fashion Show, Boulevard, Outlets, and Town Square...Town Square is far from you, but i believe they have a Santa...

Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
RE: Opportunity Village
How much are pics with Santa? and all of the other things? Just want to make sure I bring enough money with me.

I can not remember, we will be going this week. But the admission prices do not include the rides, which kinda sucks. You can buy a pass that includes the admission and the rides or you can just buy tickets for the rides. But my daughter loves going, and has so much fun. Which makes it worthwhile.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:49 PM

572 posts, read 1,683,697 times
I'd say Town Square also. It's a bit of a drive, but I'm sure they would have some sort of Santa (or an Xmas Village) in that center area by the gazebo and the astrotuf (lol!)

Here you go: right on the main page: Town Square Las Vegas (http://www.townsquarelasvegas.com/index.cfm - broken link)

Current Promotions at Town Square Las Vegas (http://www.townsquarelasvegas.com/go/mallEvents.cfm?eventsonly=1 - broken link)

The District is also doing some Holiday events, but that might be a little too far. The District at Green Valley Ranch - Shop | Dine | Live

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
We took our kids to Meadows last year which is fine on the inside. The outside is run down and could use a makeover, but we didn't have any issues and the line wasn't too long
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: