Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:53 AM

3 posts, read 7,616 times

Advertisements

What specific neighborhoods and streets have what gangs in Las Vegas?

I just bought a condo in Las Vegas @ city center. As a former Law Enforcement officer and current stock market trader I wanted to know what am I getting myself into with this town? Only been there a few times. My lease starts in December.

From what I've gathered
North Las Vegas, West Las Vegas, and East Las Vegas are the areas to avoid.

Great! If anyone has an accurate account as to what gangs hang in what areas and ect. Through Graffiti or just knowledge that you have please let me know so we can all stay safe. Specific blocks or neighborhoods on the East Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 11:10 AM

15,746 posts, read 14,343,513 times
Shirley Street?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:30 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,794,868 times
At least try and make semi-realistic claims when posing.

Bill

Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 PM

472 posts, read 375,486 times
Due diligence and thorough research should be done before investing. Maybe the time to ask these questions was before you bought a condo.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,646,733 times
Like most large metropolitan areas, the Las Vegas valley has crime all over.

How interesting that you were a former LEO, but it never occurred to you to research where you would you purchase a home. I wonder why that is?

(Not really. I actually know.)

Old 11-30-2015, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 7,616 times
No I researched my Vegas condo decision thoroughly we are going to open an office and hire about 500-1200 people out there in the next year or two to build a market research facility.

So Vegas will be good for business. Just wanted to know specific streets.

Obviously D street, Stratosphere area, Eastside LV, and North of 95 and south of Craig road.

Areas close to where I'll live on the strip. I guess it was phrased incorrectly......I worry not for myself but for business partners and associates I read the article that said the LV Valley had 20,000 gang members and wondered if anyone on CD happened to know what areas these individuals frequent so myself nor clients are in those areas for lunch or coffee or whatever!

Old 11-30-2015, 02:58 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,007,888 times
Quote:
20,000 gang members
lol

Old 11-30-2015, 03:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowthandDevelopment View Post
No I researched my Vegas condo decision thoroughly we are going to open an office and hire about 500-1200 people out there in the next year or two to build a market research facility.

So Vegas will be good for business. Just wanted to know specific streets.

Obviously D street, Stratosphere area, Eastside LV, and North of 95 and south of Craig road.

Areas close to where I'll live on the strip. I guess it was phrased incorrectly......I worry not for myself but for business partners and associates I read the article that said the LV Valley had 20,000 gang members and wondered if anyone on CD happened to know what areas these individuals frequent so myself nor clients are in those areas for lunch or coffee or whatever!
Any professional facility for more than 50 people will be located in a reasonable area. The commercial broker will be glad to provide area crime statistics though it is unlikely that any such professional facility will be any where worrisome.

Las Vegas gang action is wide spread and generally lacks specific location. The 20,000 number has no real source...speculation on the part of those served by a big gang population.

D street is more commercial than residential. The hot crime spots are places like north of UNLV or the area around Charleston and Fremont. Our bad guy demographics run to the diverse and are mainly drug related. Hispanic residential areas are generally pretty low crime.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:47 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,609,386 times
avoid anything West of Frenchmen Mountain, East of Spring Mountain, South of Shadow Ridge and North of Mountains edge, and you will be fine.

Jonathan

Old 11-30-2015, 11:34 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,920,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
avoid anything West of Frenchmen Mountain, East of Spring Mountain, South of Shadow Ridge and North of Mountains edge, and you will be fine.

Seems you're finally coming around to my way of thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas