Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 12:01 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,033,868 times

Advertisements

Sock puppet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 03:35 PM

378 posts, read 332,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIE_B View Post
I wish. It just keeps getting worse. Yesterday from 6am to 11pm every 60 seconds a fly over and today again tho not as frequent. It just started to really be bad recently. I thought maybe the weather at times and they changed runways but these East to West rooftop flyovers all day into the night is unhealthy. But who cares in this town? A billion acres of desert and they can't move this thing? It is a nightmare also getting in and out of anymore with the cities growth. Just venting, as I said who cares?
I remember when John Wayne aka Orange county put in their noise rules and I worked across from Long Beach and we could not run engines after 9pm and they still have noise rules. Oh well when one misses and lands in the middle of the strip maybe they will think about moving it.
If you've read the posts, Marie, most on this site could care less about the noise, the pollution, the diminished property values, the danger and the whatevers, the thinking being that, somehow, keeping it where-is and as-is is actually a plus. And to think, we have the new site, bought and paid for, sitting pretty just a few safe, quiet, unpolluted minutes away.

I think you're right about 'them' only waking up when one misses and takes out the Strip. It's called
'tombstone thinking' for good reason.

For me, the battle is just beginning, the main purpose of the foregoing being to alert me to the numskull-thinking that we're going to have to overcome to get something to happen.

Thanks for your contribution. Stay tuned.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:57 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,806,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIE_B View Post
I wish. It just keeps getting worse. Yesterday from 6am to 11pm every 60 seconds a fly over and today again tho not as frequent. It just started to really be bad recently. I thought maybe the weather at times and they changed runways but these East to West rooftop flyovers all day into the night is unhealthy. But who cares in this town? A billion acres of desert and they can't move this thing? It is a nightmare also getting in and out of anymore with the cities growth. Just venting, as I said who cares?
I remember when John Wayne aka Orange county put in their noise rules and I worked across from Long Beach and we could not run engines after 9pm and they still have noise rules. Oh well when one misses and lands in the middle of the strip maybe they will think about moving it.
Don't move near an airport. Problem solved.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:02 AM

638 posts, read 595,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
This...

I wonder if the airport was there before Marie, or if Marie was there and then the airport suddenly sprung up around her...

Old 05-05-2016, 12:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,830,150 times
That solar project just south of Primm, pilots are complaining about the glare from it when they are flying into McCarran....... and somebody wants to build an airport right next to the solar project? Doesn't make any sense.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
That solar project just south of Primm, pilots are complaining about the glare from it when they are flying into McCarran....... and somebody wants to build an airport right next to the solar project? Doesn't make any sense.
The solar project is actually 15 miles from the Ivanpah site - hardly "right next to". The complaints, according to the project director, "...occurred when workers were still testing and adjusting the heliostats."

Old 05-06-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
The problem is that if you want to move to Vegas, you have to move near an airport. Move the airport: ALL problems solved. Plus we make a lot of money.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:06 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruff View Post
The problem is that if you want to move to Vegas, you have to move near an airport. Move the airport: ALL problems solved. Plus we make a lot of money.
The noise impact area is well defined and is a few square miles. The high impact areas require uses and special building techniques to limit noise impact.

The northern quadrants are actually more impacted by Nellis then by McCarran.

The airport in its present location is a major contributor to the value of strip property. Moving it would negatively impact all those properties and cost untold billions.

There is of course no rational argument for the move. Perhaps our move proponent can get together with the asbestos guys and start a movement to abandon the whole center of the city. We simply relocate the strip to Ivanapah and leave the airport where it is.

Last edited by lvmensch; 05-06-2016 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruff View Post
That is not true at all. I smell an agenda. How much money do you stand to Personally make if Ivanpah becomes the main airport?

McCarran is one of the best airports in the country. Tried flying a plane into San Diego recently? How bout O'Hare or LAX?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:39 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,830,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That is not true at all. I smell an agenda. How much money do you stand to Personally make if Ivanpah becomes the main airport?

McCarran is one of the best airports in the country. Tried flying a plane into San Diego recently? How bout O'Hare or LAX?
Bruff is one of the most altruistic person around these parts. I sure that he isn't promoting the Roach Dry Lake airport merely to make some money, and if he did make any money on it I'm sure he would donate all of it to homeless shelter for disabled veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas