Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 05:49 PM

29 posts, read 34,479 times

Advertisements

So...

My wife and I, after living in town for a year, are ready to purchase a home. We've been in Silverado Ranch and the Blue Diamond / windmill area, and I think we want to stay south of the strip.

We're looking at Inspirada, because it seems like a rapidly growing community, and we think we may have an easier time re-selling in several years--our last home, back east, sat on the market for a year before we got a buyer, so resale value is something we're taking more seriously.

Anyone live in Inspirada, or know someone who does? And what are your thoughts on it? I know that right now it seems like all they have is a pet store and a coffee shop, but it also looks like a lot of development is going on, and surely not ALL of it can be residential--they have to be planning to build markets, banks, gas stations, etc, right?

KB Homes has a couple plans in Inspirada that are right in our budget, so if anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate insight on that front, as well. I know there are horror stories with any model home builder, but I'm just wondering if they're on par with the others, better, or worse?

Anyway, just looking for thoughts. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Perhaps you might want to try Yelp for possible reviews of Inspirada, if you don't get feedback here. In Spanish, Inspirada translates to Inspired, and I'm sure there's people living out there who feel greatly inspired living there!

Old 06-06-2016, 10:30 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,827,655 times
The shopping center next to Inspirada has 2 banks, an Albertson, a subway, a taco cafe, starsbucks, a chinese restaurant, a couple of pubs, a nails place and a few more businesses like CVS drug store. Take a look at it some time.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:55 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Inspirada is one of the places we were considering since the prices of new homes are pretty reasonable. What I don't like about it is that it's pretty far south, or at least further south than I'd like to be. We may go down there and check it out next time we're in town. I'm interested in seeing how big (or small) the lot sizes are.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I think location-wise Inspirada isn't great. Being all the way out the back of Seven Hill / Anthem you need to go back through them to get anywhere you're likely going to want to go. I think I'd rather buy something older in Seven Hills, or maybe further northeast along Horizon Ridge, and bring it up to date. I think you'll get better value/appreciation that way. New houses generally tend to be overpriced for what you get, and end up with a less convenient location (at this point.)

Old 06-07-2016, 10:49 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
I like the area. A friend of mine just relocated to Inspirada from New Hampshire and he loves it. He has a Toll Brothers house. It seems like a very good family friendly development. I lived fairly close to it for years (Club at Madeira Canyon).

I believe the master plan is for 8,000 homes in Inspirada once all is said and done, including major shopping and commute arteries that go west to Las Vegas Blvd south of the M Resort and at least one incremental I-15 interchange. I think there are 4 parks already, including heated swimming pools and kids water play areas, soccer/multi-use and Little League fields, basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, and of course, two dog parks.

I still have a Nextdoor account that includes Inspirada neighborhoods and people say good things.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:13 PM

23 posts, read 40,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I think location-wise Inspirada isn't great. Being all the way out the back of Seven Hill / Anthem you need to go back through them to get anywhere you're likely going to want to go. I think I'd rather buy something older in Seven Hills, or maybe further northeast along Horizon Ridge, and bring it up to date. I think you'll get better value/appreciation that way. New houses generally tend to be overpriced for what you get, and end up with a less convenient location (at this point.)

We have lived here for the last 5 years. The current count is 4 total homes that we have owned. 1 sold at a profit of $130k over a 2 year span, another for $35k over a year span, we have a rental property making $600 net per month, and we are currently in our dream home for under $500k. Appreciation is not really in question, as I've rode the wave a bit to some success thanks to the community's vision an execution.

Right now, I'd say that the homes are priced pretty near their actual value. Phase 2, the homes have larger yards and the infrastructure seems to be much improved over Phase 1. It also looks like they are trying to avoid overbuilding a bit, and that there is far less KB with many other builders jumping in to give buyers some more choices in home style. They are also looking to target a bit of a higher price point, which should bring the overall property values of the master plan up a bit (or at least sustain value).

As for driving through Seven Hills or Anthem, that's pretty far off base. Henderson Executive brings you to both Volunteer and Bicentenial. Taking that through brings you right to St. Rose. Alternatively, Taking the turn on Volunteer and Henderson Executive takes you straight to LV Blvd behind the M. The commute to the 15 is about a 10 minute drive, but it's not a horrible drive given the amenities for families, and the excellent schools for families with k-8th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas