Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:21 PM

452 posts, read 336,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
As she's nice, and a bit older, just try to do your best. And invite her over for coffee some time - just be neighborly.
This is Vegas, what is this neighborly you speak of?

and OP grow a pair and tell them your not doing anything wrong. And the last month of your lease throw some Irish dance parties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 02:26 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom12 View Post
I will never answer my door again. I submitted my maintenance request a little over a week ago and still no one has come to try and fix my floors and I doubt they will ever come. If another incident occurs I will call the police so I have the report to give to the complex. I am so glad I only signed a 6 month lease as I will be moving out regardless if another incident occurs. I am looking at renting a house and if another incident occurs I will have the police report, the prior history of incidents, the maintenance request, the lack of action by the complex, and will try to break my lease.

As far as talking to the other tenant, I am not interested in doing that as the guy thinks I am guilty regardless of the facts and was already hostile towards me.
You should leave a note in there for the next tenant and tell them to be careful of the nightmare downstairs tenants. Good luck on your move. You will be much happier in a house.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM

15 posts, read 21,327 times
Oh believe me I denied doing anything wrong during both interactions because I am not doing anything wrong. After the second incident I have no reason to buy the kit and try to fix it myself since I would be paying money to accommodate people that are hostile towards me and also since I am leaving at the end of my lease or earlier. Now I just have to wait and see if another incident occurs....

Old 07-25-2016, 12:38 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If we built apartment buildings more sanely, like how they build them in Mexico, you wouldn't be posting this!

In Mexico, whether it's houses, motels, apartment buildings, it's concrete all the way, even a 2-story apartment building.

Sort of like this?

Two-storey building collapses & falls into ground in Mexico

Mexican two-storey building collapses in heavy rain in Zitacuaro | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In Mexico, the giant concrete company, CEMEX, with vested self-interests, wants everything to be built with concrete. In the U.S. our powerful, lobbying lumber companies, likewise, insist everything be built with wood!
Wood is much better in seismically active areas. Wood will bend and return; concrete will break.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:22 PM

11 posts, read 11,369 times
Hi, I just had a similar issue with neighbor. I live in an upscale part of Washington state, in the most affluent part. (My friends here complain when I meet them for lunch with minimal make up. I sure heard about it from one of my friends last week. Note that I am not a slob, though, to save money I don't spend hundreds of thousands of $$$ a year on clothing the way people in this neighborhood do.) A lot of wealthy tech people run around town wearing their favorite running gear, so I fit in with the American tech crowd here. A lot of wealthy people have been moving in from overseas, and they dress to the nines. They seem to despise Americans in general, but that's another unfortunate story. There do seem to be a lot of middle-aged Russian men here, which makes the ambience here quite...well...a bit threatening, especially for a single American lady.

This morning I received an unexpected email from my landlord complaining about noise as reported by a downstairs neighbor. I have been living in the unit for the better part of five years. I keep my distance from other tenants, because they are very judgmental. So far, I was doing a good job of staying off of everyone's radar screen. I'm independently wealthy, primarily because I manage my own investments.

So, at any rate, I suddenly received an email from my landlord (with whom I've been getting along) stating someone had been hearing strange noises emanating from my apartment, between 5:00 and 6:00 A.M. I replied (in writing) that I was always fast asleep at that time, so it was impossible. I asked what the nature of the noise was. My landlord replied that it was a thud that occurred on some mornings between 5:00 and 6:00. I told her again that I was fast asleep at that time, that I wasn't even walking around at that time, and that I would ensure that I was not making unnecessary noise.

Is this crazy???? I guess I need to contact a lawyer. No one has ever complained about me making too much noise in any of the places I've lived.

To me, this feels like some sort of harassment, some sort of prelude to being forced out. There are a lot of single women living here who aren't even as affluent as I am. I mean, honestly, someone actually complained that there was an occasional thud when I'm fast asleep? By the way, this is a concrete block apartment complex. It's so quiet in my unit, it's like a tomb. I can't hear any of my neighbors, and I know they are not quiet! Ok, I take that back. There's someone here who practices his violin at 5:00 P.M.. I have to smile when I hear him going at it.

I guess the next step is to confer with a lawyer. Pretty soon Mercer Island will make it against the law to not wear makeup to luncheons!!!!

Old 02-02-2019, 12:28 AM

48 posts, read 30,569 times
I once had a simliar problem,

I was living on the ground floor and the people above were very loud and always screaming.
I called the cops several times and compained to management and nothing was done.

Finally, I said enough is enough and I moved out, but before I drove away for the last time,
I set their car on fire. Sometimes, things only work out for the best if you grow a pair.

Good luck.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:40 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,981 times
I live in a bottom condo and everything was fine until 2012 when the current tenants moved in. They removed the carpet, which was suppose to be an HOA violation, and replaced it with hardwood floors. Floors have a creaking sound and when they walk, it sounds like I have the Clydesdale's above me and their washing machine sounds like NASA Space Shuttle getting ready for liftoff! I went to the Property Managing Company and they did absolutely nothing. I even went to the Ombudsman's office and that was a big waste, not only of my time, but the taxpayers money!

I have emails from the 'previous' Community manager saying they violated the CC&Rs, but note previous. Maybe that's why she's the 'previous' community manager? The managing company seems to just ignore issues, instead of rectifying or correcting them.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:51 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
If the downstairs neighbors complain about normal noises, tell them to move.

I dealt with a ***** who moved in under me after I already lived there for 4 years who immediately began complaining, calling the police claiming I was having parties when I wasn't, send false letters of complaint to the complex saying I had 20 ppl over which was a provable lie since we had keycards on the doors logged in a central computer.

After years of this harassment, including a loud argument that the entire building got involved in (most were on my side including the police officer who used to be my downstairs neighbor but moved into a larger unit when his mother had a stroke), I moved across town.

A week later, this person's car was struck multiple times in the parking lot by another unidentified vehicle. I traded my old junker in for a new car.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:06 AM

949 posts, read 789,067 times
I lived in a downstairs apartment in a 1960's building where the floors creaked above me. I didn't complain because I knew it was not the fault of the guy above me, and I was moving at the end of my lease anyway. However, man, that noise is MUCH louder from below, than you might imagine from above. I wore foam earplugs when sleeping.

I would suggest you invite one of your downstairs neighbors to "test walk" your apartment while the other is downstairs. They will then realize that you are simple walking normally and the "creaking" is no fault of your own.

By all means, DO NOT attempt to fix the issue yourself. That would be a violation of the lease and management could charge you to install an entirely new floor, claiming you damaged the existing one.

I'm living in an upstairs 1971 condo I bought and am surprised the floors don't creak at all.. ever.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
Don't let these people walk on you. It starts with these kind of seemingly innocuous complaints, then there will be more and more problems coming up, you watch.

Make it clear you're not interested in their BS right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: