Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 11:47 AM

15,853 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

The fed is sniffing for the hint of real inflation, but they aren't seeing it. They'd love to push up rates and reduce money supply growth. But so far they can't. The employment level is not translating into wage growth, and that suppressing inflation. This may be a not so happy Goldilocks situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
On a macro level, full employment (4.1%) will create upward wage pressure. Massive monetary printing will continue the dollar devaluation. I think we're in for a round of inflation coming in the next year and when inflation hits, you want hard assets, like houses. Lock in those low rates before they start heading higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
Another real estate agent says prices will rise when the Raiders come? Why? And why?
Didn't make sense when I heard it either. But then was told they bring a large (or have to hire from here) back office. And businesses that do business with the Raiders will relocate too, if Raiders are the biggest client. Never mid the high paying team members and the coaches.

Had a friend who worked for 49ers. I don't remember how many were employed by the team but the number was shocking. They had a rather large department that just took care of the stadium. She was there when they were winning Super Bowls. Everyone working there got a Super Bowl ring, of course not as fancy as the players but something head turning. The entire staff got taken on a trip along with all the players/coaches after the wins. Remember they went to Hawaii one year. Now, these perks might depend on the owner of the team. If this is how the Raiders treat their staff, I wouldn't give this job up. IF they keep the salaries the same, the people come out ahead just by moving here. No state taxes etc.

We could be getting another one, possibly two professional teams.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:01 PM

496 posts, read 365,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Didn't make sense when I heard it either. But then was told they bring a large (or have to hire from here) back office. And businesses that do business with the Raiders will relocate too, if Raiders are the biggest client. Never mid the high paying team members and the coaches.

Had a friend who worked for 49ers. I don't remember how many were employed by the team but the number was shocking. They had a rather large department that just took care of the stadium. She was there when they were winning Super Bowls. Everyone working there got a Super Bowl ring, of course not as fancy as the players but something head turning. The entire staff got taken on a trip along with all the players/coaches after the wins. Remember they went to Hawaii one year. Now, these perks might depend on the owner of the team. If this is how the Raiders treat their staff, I wouldn't give this job up. IF they keep the salaries the same, the people come out ahead just by moving here. No state taxes etc.

We could be getting another one, possibly two professional teams.
Best I could find, was the avg NFL team employs 3700 people, but that includes all vendors, etc. Another figure I heard which I don't believe is 19,000 construction workers, which I think is more than they used at Giza. And then there's realtors, which I feel were more responsible than anyone for the subprime mortgage debacle. Which realtor didn't tell buyers, "don't worry you can buy more house this way, and refinance with the equity you will build in the first couple years.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:26 PM

15,853 posts, read 14,479,382 times
That's just the basic mechanical increase in population (although some of the people working for them may stay in the bay area, and be replaced by people already in Vegas.)

The bigger issue is whether the sudden burst of high level professional sports activity in Vegas will make it more attractive for people to move there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
Best I could find, was the avg NFL team employs 3700 people, but that includes all vendors, etc. Another figure I heard which I don't believe is 19,000 construction workers, which I think is more than they used at Giza. And then there's realtors, which I feel were more responsible than anyone for the subprime mortgage debacle. Which realtor didn't tell buyers, "don't worry you can buy more house this way, and refinance with the equity you will build in the first couple years.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:20 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Small businesses are up to 250 people.

That 19,000 # is what was reported by the city of LV on building the stadium.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:56 AM

347 posts, read 511,969 times
Case-Shiller LasVegas also saw a gain in the double digits at 10.2 percent

Home Price Increases Outpace Inflation by 3x

Old 12-26-2017, 04:38 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Should be around 5,000 construction workers. 19,000 would be a nightmare. You'd be bumping into everyone all day.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Should be around 5,000 construction workers. 19,000 would be a nightmare. You'd be bumping into everyone all day.
No kidding! You'd need a bucket brigade to get a 2x4.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 PM

294 posts, read 236,197 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaw6nDwdno

Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM

52 posts, read 203,845 times
All I can say is that I am happy with the current real estate market. We put our house on the market last weekend. We had 15 offers within 24 hours. We have lived in our house in the south west area of town for 1.5 years and we sold it for 40 grand more than we paid for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas