Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:56 AM

643 posts, read 507,401 times

Advertisements

What would be the problem with me moving to Arizona take a CNA program and work as a CNA while going to school for nursing or for something that pays better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 09:23 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,484,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
What would be the problem with me moving to Arizona take a CNA program and work as a CNA while going to school for nursing or for something that pays better?
Nothing. Many students in nursing school work as CNA's prior to graduating. It has its advantages.
Make sure you have all your prerequisites done and have a competitive GPA before applying.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:28 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,080,592 times
A CNA program, generally only 3 weeks, is a better bet all around. Yes, some facilities want a year of experience or more, before they'll hire you, but there's always home care.

Massage schools are businesses, always looking for customers, and naturally, they're going to only tell you the good, not the bad, and the massage schools have become one more bureaucracy.

Any number of people are naturally talented enough to give a great massage, and don't need schooling at all.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:36 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,258,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGEMF View Post
Did you ever stop and think that moving somewhere new to make peanuts isn't the best idea? Especially when you have zero clue what you want to do? You keep throwing out jobs asking if they are in demand/pay well, when you have no background in any of these fields.

So you plan to move to a city (pick any you have referred to) to go to school for (pick whatever field is your flavor of the moment) to come out of school and try to find a job make $15 an hour so that you can live in this city and sit in your apartment all day because you won't have money to do anything since all of your money will be spent on living expenses because you moved to this city to take a job that you are training for to make next to nothing?

Sounds like a grand plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGEMF View Post
You constantly ask whether Position ABC is demand in XYZ city and what they make

Here's a thought, you're an adult, move out of your house, stay in your area, figure out what you want to do with your life instead of moving across the country doing a job you have no interest in just to get to an area because it is not in your parents home. Once you figure this out and gain experience, then consider a move. You're going to move to Vegas, LA, Phoenix (insert city here) to do (insert job here) make no money and be back living with your parents within a year because you will be miserable in your new city.

You're not moving to LA to be an actress, DC to work in politics, or New York to work on wall street. There's no reason to move to Vegas because "Massage Therapy" might make you $15 an hour if you can find a job when you have no training in this position and no interest in it other than moving away from your parents
+1

Amen & more amen.

All these "plans" sound like a disaster in the making.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A CNA program, generally only 3 weeks, is a better bet all around. Yes, some facilities want a year of experience or more, before they'll hire you, but there's always home care.

Massage schools are businesses, always looking for customers, and naturally, they're going to only tell you the good, not the bad, and the massage schools have become one more bureaucracy.

Any number of people are naturally talented enough to give a great massage, and don't need schooling at all.
Yes I notice that most of them always say that it's easy to make a living as a Massage Therapist I guess it's just about the money. The school in my state wants $11,000 for the Massage Therapy program.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Nothing. Many students in nursing school work as CNA's prior to graduating. It has its advantages.
Make sure you have all your prerequisites done and have a competitive GPA before applying.
This is why I don't get why it would be a problem if I were to do this.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:10 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,484,708 times
Quote:
The school in my state wants $11,000 for the Massage Therapy program.
Overpriced and not worth it.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Overpriced and not worth it.
Most people say they pay this much.it's one of the best Massage Therapy Schools in my state.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:56 AM

654 posts, read 1,323,864 times
Quote:
I only asked about whether or not one position was in demand. Most Massage Therapist start off making at least $15 an hour. I mind having to work any kind of job or if I have to live with roommates. I'm just trying to relocate because I'm tired of my current situation. I can't even travel or visit my friends because of my controlling family. So I'd rather just move away they told me if I went to see my friends one more time to stay. And that is what I plan to do I think moving would be good for me anyway. I would be a lot happier and wouldn't feel restricted anymore. Sometimes living in a certain environment makes you feel bad because of negative energy.
Sometimes living in a certain environment is bad because of a person's negative energy. Look in the mirror & be honest with yourself, would you be coming to Las Vegas for positive, proactive reasons or rather to escape your current situation? What makes you think Las Vegas will 'fix' it? Many times I've said this city magnifies one's strengths & weaknesses. I'd hate to see someone come here & fail, only to blame the city.

I don't wish ill will on anyone. What I *would* encourage is setting realistic expectations & having a plan to succeed. This city has plenty of vices & temptations & can eat you up. At the same time, if you have your stuff together it can be a fantastic place to live affordably & enjoy great weather. Lots of great natural scenery within several hours. All kinds of entertainment & great restaurants. IMHO it's a better place for those closer to 'fully formed' with some life experience.

Having said all that, if you still make the decision to come here I wish you all the best. Have at least six months (if not a year's) worth of savings as you never know how it's going to go. Plan for the worst & hope for the best. Always have plan 'B' (aka contingency plan).

Old 07-08-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Sometimes living in a certain environment is bad because of a person's negative energy. Look in the mirror & be honest with yourself, would you be coming to Las Vegas for positive, proactive reasons or rather to escape your current situation? What makes you think Las Vegas will 'fix' it? Many times I've said this city magnifies one's strengths & weaknesses. I'd hate to see someone come here & fail, only to blame the city.

I don't wish ill will on anyone. What I *would* encourage is setting realistic expectations & having a plan to succeed. This city has plenty of vices & temptations & can eat you up. At the same time, if you have your stuff together it can be a fantastic place to live affordably & enjoy great weather. Lots of great natural scenery within several hours. All kinds of entertainment & great restaurants. IMHO it's a better place for those closer to 'fully formed' with some life experience.

Having said all that, if you still make the decision to come here I wish you all the best. Have at least six months (if not a year's) worth of savings as you never know how it's going to go. Plan for the worst & hope for the best. Always have plan 'B' (aka contingency plan).
Is it really difficult finding a job there? I mean any kind of job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas