Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times

Advertisements

I saw a home for rent on their site. Is it worth it going through a property mgmt co. or is it just a big pain? Nice home is Henderson. (I know, I know, I put a deposit down on an apt. but it is just not sitting well with me and if I can find something in the same range that is a single family home, I just may take the loss. Just contemplating, here.)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
i have terra west as a home owners association, (i own the home), no problems or complaints in 2yrs... however i do not know how they are as a landlord company... when i wanted to rent my home, they were the most expensive out of everyone... if you can get a home for the cost of a apt, take the home.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 PM

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Same school district, a little better square footage, plus a two car garage-and I am very worried about parking at the complex, I have read many horror stories about that-and the monthly price is $75.00 more for the home. Plus, they have GRASS!!!! I did email them, I don't know it may already be rented but it is worth a shot, huh?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
where is the house at..?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 PM

It says it is in the GVRanch Neighborhood.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Terra West is a property management company of significant size. They do a reasonable job. I don't like them a lot but that is for reasons you don't care about. They are big enough to have a good emergency response capability and generally don't bug the tenant too much. There are lots of smaller singles in GVR for rent. I will send you the current list and you can compare your potential deal. Note that you can seldom rent more than 2 or 3 weeks in advance. That is they will not rent you a home now for a July 1 delivery.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Yeah I did read that once you leave a deposit you have 30 days to occupy so I do have to watch that. Thanks for the heads up and I will definitely check out the new list.

I don't know how up to date their home list is either, so it may already be rented. I did email for more info on it though.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,375,484 times
We used Terra West to manage our house when we moved back to NJ. They did a great job screening tenants, collecting rent, and dealing with the few minor issues that came up. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't want to rent a house that they're managing.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,537 times
Personally, I would steer clear of Terra West. I have heard some positive stories about them but the negative seem to outweigh the positive ones. I think it pays to do a little research first before buying into an HOA, particularly in Las Vegas where HOA complaints are rife, so I think you're on the right track. Guys, if you have anything to say about any HOA in Nevada, you might want to take a look at this site www.homeownerassociationnv.com • Index page. Some readers who have had scary encounters with HOAs have shared their experiences there.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:20 AM

399 posts, read 693,707 times
Terra West manages our HOA - Eldorado in far North Las Vegas. A couple of weeks after closing and before I actually moved in, I received a nice welcome letter from Terra West and directing me to their website for move information. The very next day I received in the mail two maintenance violations from Terra West. One was for the dead front lawn and anotherl for peeling paint on the fascia boards. Terra West I am sure was just waiting for a new owner to have the violation notices go out. I had the lawn resoded a couple days after closing, so all I hired a painter from out of town who did a good job. Some friends thought they were awfully strict, but I appreciate how the neighbors home look and that Terra West wasted no time in contacting me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas