Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:57 PM

250 posts, read 229,426 times

Advertisements

^ stupid Mulberry jerks LOL.
Seriously though my neighborhood is completely littered with them there's a huge one in my front yard, and my car's, swimming pool, the street all turn yellow in the spring. it's astounding the amount of pollen it comes off those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Yeah what you said! ^^^^^^

Old 10-13-2017, 06:28 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,673,031 times
Quite a bit of smoke in the air from Cali right now too which isn't helping anyone either.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:26 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,444 times
I did a 6-mile speed walk in my condo complex wearing very inferior shoes (didn't think the talk would be that long but was going for the exercise while distracted on phone) anyhow, I return home and see my feet are BLACK. I have walked on huge blvds in filthy LA,CA w sandals and got just a little dirty. I was stunned that I stayed behind the gate for the 6 miles and truly had all black on feet. I naively did not know this place would be dirtier than LA? That seems perplexing? Something you locals know I do not? Do you get rain even less than LA? NYC....that town is clean! Not what people think. The regular rain washes all away and my feet were very clean from walking in sandals

Old 10-14-2017, 05:33 AM

Default reply

That is interesting. Didn't think people brought trees here. Makes sense.
I talked to a good friend in Texas and he says Mulberry gets him there too. He says the Claritin made him very on edge. I took a few times in past and never noticed. Thanks kindly for the rec' of a DR. Cool.
I think a neti pot is good. So dry here. Good for nose.
I brought one, just need to get back in the habit.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:23 AM

472 posts, read 378,362 times
my first year here was a month of sinus problems. It gets better. Pharmacist told me usually 2 full years for the body to adjust.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:31 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I did a 6-mile speed walk in my condo complex wearing very inferior shoes (didn't think the talk would be that long but was going for the exercise while distracted on phone) anyhow, I return home and see my feet are BLACK. I have walked on huge blvds in filthy LA,CA w sandals and got just a little dirty. I was stunned that I stayed behind the gate for the 6 miles and truly had all black on feet. I naively did not know this place would be dirtier than LA? That seems perplexing? Something you locals know I do not? Do you get rain even less than LA? NYC....that town is clean! Not what people think. The regular rain washes all away and my feet were very clean from walking in sandals
I walk daily in hiking sandals and my feet are still clean. I bet its your sandals, had that happen to me before with a pair. I think I bought them in Istanbul, knew they were made cheap but they were cute.

Last time (2012) I was in NYC it was dirty and some crazy homeless guy was going nuts talking to himself in front of me. I was afraid to pass him so I went in a store and bought some french Macaroons! yum! Lucky me!

My last trip, I could no longer take the nut cases and that dang HONKING constantly!

Old 10-14-2017, 09:10 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times
When I lived in Albuquerque I had trouble with getting allergy related sinus infection headaches. If that is what you are dealing with you don’t want to dry yourself up further by taking only Benadryl and drying up secretions that eventually get funky when they get sticky and can’t drain.

I recommend that you try mucinex as directed on the box, which thins secretions so that they can drain. Along with Claritin for the allergy symptoms. Also consider taking some Motrin 400 mg three times a day around the clock for a few days. With food if you have a tummy reaction to it. Motrin will take down any inflammation and swelling. It’s not just for pain. Keep taking it for a few days even if you are already feeling better.

Also be aware that if you are coming from sea level you can get a headache because of the change in elevation. You system will adjust to this lower level of oxygen in the air by making more red blood cells to carry the increased oxygen that you now need. This can take up to 6 months for that adjustment.

Kinda wordy but ideas that you might consider.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:35 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I walk daily in hiking sandals and my feet are still clean. I bet its your sandals, had that happen to me before with a pair. I think I bought them in Istanbul, knew they were made cheap but they were cute.

Last time (2012) I was in NYC it was dirty and some crazy homeless guy was going nuts talking to himself in front of me. I was afraid to pass him so I went in a store and bought some french Macaroons! yum! Lucky me!

My last trip, I could no longer take the nut cases and that dang HONKING constantly!
Yes, I was wearing very cheap pedicure flip flops. I will try another walk w legitimate nice sandals and see if I come home black.
I'm sorry, you had that experience in NYC. The homeless there 'in general' really leave you alone and are anti-social. Sadly, you were part of an isolated incident. Now, the homeless in Venice, CA were at a higher functioning level -- very drunk and disruptive. They scared me a bit due to uncertainty. I never had an issue in NYC and lived there for many years.
PS
I, too, grew to dislike the honking. I usually lived so high up I didn't hear it much but love to walk so sometimes had to endure.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:53 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Las Vegas is extremely dusty. We even have dust storms occasionally. And what is dust but tiny dirt? And when you open the windows the dust increases exponentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas