Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 PM

238 posts, read 548,109 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased a duet membership through Groupon for $40 (normally $79.95). I'm in NJ at the moment so haven't activated my account yet. I was wondering what shows, concerts and sporting events have been offered in the past.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:53 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Everything.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
not much that you couldn't get for free with shows4locals.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,937 times
I looked into FillASeat previously & didn't find it different enough from Show Tickets 4 Locals to justify the fee, since the latter is free.

So far, we've only gone twice (maybe three times) that I can remember with ShowTickets 4 Locals & it's worked just fine. I signed up on their site

ShowTickets4Locals home

& I get a daily e-mail listing what shows they may have available. Sometimes you have to act quickly as the comp tickets will go quickly, but whenever we've gotten tickets everything's worked smoothly & as advertised when we got to the show. We've seen a couple comedy shows & the next couple things we attend will likely be Louie Anderson's comedy club & Jersey Boys (which has just started to show up on their list, so I'm sure tickets will be tough to get for a while.)

Hope this helps someone out there, FillASeat might have more variety or be better suited for others, but Show Tickets 4 Locals has been fine for us & it's free.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I find it better than ShowTickets4Locals. I think it is a bit better than HouseSeatsLV

Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
I had a fillaseat account for a year -- never once found a show that I wanted that worked for my schedule. Let the membership lapse.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
I looked into FillASeat previously & didn't find it different enough from Show Tickets 4 Locals to justify the fee, since the latter is free.

So far, we've only gone twice (maybe three times) that I can remember with ShowTickets 4 Locals & it's worked just fine. I signed up on their site

ShowTickets4Locals home

& I get a daily e-mail listing what shows they may have available. Sometimes you have to act quickly as the comp tickets will go quickly, but whenever we've gotten tickets everything's worked smoothly & as advertised when we got to the show. We've seen a couple comedy shows & the next couple things we attend will likely be Louie Anderson's comedy club & Jersey Boys (which has just started to show up on their list, so I'm sure tickets will be tough to get for a while.)

Hope this helps someone out there, FillASeat might have more variety or be better suited for others, but Show Tickets 4 Locals has been fine for us & it's free.
I do currently use ShowTickets 4 Locals and have seen a lot of shows. Unfortunately, with the new foramt, every show I've wanted to see lately has been sold out by the time I get the e-mail. The premium members get first dibs the prior day and seem to snap up all the tickets. I don't believe free members will ever have a chance to snag Jersey Boy or Lion King tickets.

Oh well, for $40, I'll give FillASeat a shot.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
showtickets4locals is awesome fillaseat is a waste of money.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamDeleted View Post
I do currently use ShowTickets 4 Locals and have seen a lot of shows. Unfortunately, with the new foramt, every show I've wanted to see lately has been sold out by the time I get the e-mail. The premium members get first dibs the prior day and seem to snap up all the tickets. I don't believe free members will ever have a chance to snag Jersey Boy or Lion King tickets.

Oh well, for $40, I'll give FillASeat a shot.

Why not just become a premium member of shows4locals? Since they OBVIOUSLY get the Jersey Boy or Lion King tickets. I never even SAW these shows listed when I had my fillaseat membership.

PS - If you know any of the 68,000 people who work for MGM International, they can get you half-price Lion King seats.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Why not just become a premium member of shows4locals? Since they OBVIOUSLY get the Jersey Boy or Lion King tickets. I never even SAW these shows listed when I had my fillaseat membership.

PS - If you know any of the 68,000 people who work for MGM International, they can get you half-price Lion King seats.
The premium membership of ShowTickets4Locals is $99. I got the FillASeat duet membership for $40 via Groupon. If it sucks I'm only out $40, no biggie.

I was in Las Vegas for two weeks recently. Was supposed to be one week, but got stranded there by Hurricane Irene (I live in NJ). During those two weeks, I was only able to get free tickets for Name that Tune and Sandy Hackett's Rat Pack. Every single show I wanted to see was sold out by the time I received my ShowTickets4Locals e-mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas