Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 03:01 AM

57 posts, read 91,305 times

Advertisements

Just want to share this since I haven't seen a picture of where the new facilities are going to be located that is as good as this one. I am excited for Costco especially because my family and I live in Capistrano of Seven Hills. I heard from a coworker that knows a general manager at a local Costco that the new Costco is planned to open towards the end of 2019. When I search for articles about this I come up short with only older ones. Costco and The Block have obvious uses, but I am not sure if there are any benefits to having the Raiders Headquarters nearby. Is there any public use out of places like that?

Attached Thumbnails
The Block/Costco/Raiders Headquarters Map-theblock-raiders-costco.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 12:06 PM

927 posts, read 882,747 times
I was excited for Costco, but it's taking forever to go in. They announced this new store in 2015. It's been 3 years. Once it's in, you know it's going to be ridiculously overcrowded because of how St. Rose is blowing up over the years with all the crappy apartments they're building. Dune. Evolve. Veritas. Domain. There's probably 10 apartment complexes south of Eastern off of St. Rose now.

St. Rose isn't remotely set up for the traffic they're about to get with the influx of new renters. The lights are already poorly timed intentionally to prevent people from using St. Rose as a cut-thru between 15 and 215. Add in all the new vehicles on the road and we're never going to be able to go the speed limit again.

Having one left turn lane onto executive airport drive from St. Rose is baffling. That's the access road for everyone in Inspirada. It takes multiple cycles to turn left there at the moment, and traffic is just going to get worse as more businesses/apartments build on the vacant lots.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:39 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,861,555 times
What is "The Block"?

Old 04-01-2018, 04:14 PM

57 posts, read 91,305 times
https://vegasinc.lasvegassun.com/bus...ce-for-hender/

Old 04-01-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJUSN View Post
Thanks!

Old 04-01-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
I was excited for Costco, but it's taking forever to go in. They announced this new store in 2015. It's been 3 years. Once it's in, you know it's going to be ridiculously overcrowded because of how St. Rose is blowing up over the years with all the crappy apartments they're building. Dune. Evolve. Veritas. Domain. There's probably 10 apartment complexes south of Eastern off of St. Rose now.

St. Rose isn't remotely set up for the traffic they're about to get with the influx of new renters. The lights are already poorly timed intentionally to prevent people from using St. Rose as a cut-thru between 15 and 215. Add in all the new vehicles on the road and we're never going to be able to go the speed limit again.

Having one left turn lane onto executive airport drive from St. Rose is baffling. That's the access road for everyone in Inspirada. It takes multiple cycles to turn left there at the moment, and traffic is just going to get worse as more businesses/apartments build on the vacant lots.
Yes, traffic isn't good. Sadly, it seems Henderson's approach is to attempt to solve a traffic problem only after it is a problem rather than to prevent traffic from becoming a problem in the first place.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:39 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,805,539 times
Do the women flock there, like the salmon of Capistrano?

Old 04-01-2018, 08:45 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,805,539 times
Once the building pad is ready it takes 110 days for a Costco to be built, which is just over 3.5 months.

My guess is October, but I think I'm being a little optimistic

Old 04-02-2018, 08:11 AM

555 posts, read 774,932 times
so the County forked out all this cash and effort to get the raiders in town and they put their practice facility and HQ in Henderson? Figures lol.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:18 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJUSN View Post
Near the Ikea on the west side we are getting something very similar called the curve. The 215 curves to the east in this area, hence the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas