Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 10:05 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Why would you do this? Price your property in line with comps. Buyers expect to pay market prices or they wouldn't be in the market. What are you going to do when you price under comps and 8 buyers start offering you 2-3% over list? You don't want to "be too greedy"? Look at your own post history on the topic.

Your strategy doesn't add up. It potentially brings you into a bidding situation, which would likely drive up the price--how does that affect those buyers you are trying to help get a "good home for a good price"? Just get into the market and play it straight. Too many people trying to play games.

I also dont think it makes sense to price it less. If a potential buyer thinks it's too much they will offer less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:10 AM

We looked at a house yesterday that was based on list/sold prices but their agent obviously didnt compare features inside. This house had a terrible floorplan with not an upgrade in sight- not a single uprade. What a S-hole house for the listed price.
On the other hand, we looked at this house https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29156839 just because of the location where the owners upgraded everything inside. They will have a lot of offers (Not from us though), but how do you come up with an offer since it is so much nicer than comp. houses?

Old 07-27-2018, 03:28 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,631,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubicle Dweller View Post
Interesting that they didn’t raise prices at all during the spring selling season. I’m wondering if new construction will ease up on lot fees or other costs to offset softer demand rather than lowering the sticker price. Totally different market, but prices in Manhattan have finally dropped a bit in recent months.
I would love to see the upper end of the market level off because if the prices keep increasing it’s like chasing something where my investments have to outpace multi-digit increases which isn’t very realistic. My house I don’t think is going up that fast so I’m not realizing the gains present in Vegas. With any luck these upper end properties hold steady for about a year

Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 PM

929 posts, read 399,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Why would you do this? Price your property in line with comps. Buyers expect to pay market prices or they wouldn't be in the market. What are you going to do when you price under comps and 8 buyers start offering you 2-3% over list? You don't want to "be too greedy"? Look at your own post history on the topic.

Your strategy doesn't add up. It potentially brings you into a bidding situation, which would likely drive up the price--how does that affect those buyers you are trying to help get a "good home for a good price"? Just get into the market and play it straight. Too many people trying to play games.
Dang you got me, lol, I want a bidding war to start. You see I purchased the home (foreclosed) in late 2011 for under $150K, excellent condition with not much to fix. A similar home listed 2 weeks ago for $450K, I should be able to list at or just below that with a good profit.

Although, I'm still leaning towards opendoor or offerpad, now purplebricks too.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:30 PM

929 posts, read 399,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
We looked at a house yesterday that was based on list/sold prices but their agent obviously didnt compare features inside. This house had a terrible floorplan with not an upgrade in sight- not a single uprade. What a S-hole house for the listed price.
On the other hand, we looked at this house https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29156839 just because of the location where the owners upgraded everything inside. They will have a lot of offers (Not from us though), but how do you come up with an offer since it is so much nicer than comp. houses?
NW side has better options, look at this house for about similar price.

https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29779499

Old 07-28-2018, 01:16 AM

That house is bigger but the Summerlin one is nicer inside and and in a desirable area. No way would my husband buy a house over there. I'm not saying there aren't nice homes around there but location matters a lot for him. Most of the homes we look at are in Summerlin and surrounding areas. But for our price range it will be older houses if it's in Summerlin.

The one I listed wont work for us because its not what we consider family friendly. That glass staircase was very sharp at the top. The patio is cute, lush and private, but small. I want a pool or a good sized yard. We looked because of price and location. Would be a great house for younger people/kid free.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:40 AM

399 posts, read 563,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
That house is bigger but the Summerlin one is nicer inside and and in a desirable area. No way would my husband buy a house over there. I'm not saying there aren't nice homes around there but location matters a lot for him. Most of the homes we look at are in Summerlin and surrounding areas. But for our price range it will be older houses if it's in Summerlin.

The one I listed wont work for us because its not what we consider family friendly. That glass staircase was very sharp at the top. The patio is cute, lush and private, but small. I want a pool or a good sized yard. We looked because of price and location. Would be a great house for younger people/kid free.
If you want all above, plus large lot and pool in Summerlin you need to add about $100k to that home's price..most are at least $200/sf and above now. We've lived in both the older (89144) and newer (89138) and much prefer the older area better - but those homes are all approaching remodel time for bathroom & kitchens.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
If you want all above, plus large lot and pool in Summerlin you need to add about $100k to that home's price..most are at least $200/sf and above now. We've lived in both the older (89144) and newer (89138) and much prefer the older area better - but those homes are all approaching remodel time for bathroom & kitchens.
Its not impossible to find they just go quick. Here is another example of one we looked at recently https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29109668

Nothing wrong really with that one, well I'm sure the pine tree in the yard behind them filths up that pool, but it just wasnt for us.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
NW side has better options, look at this house for about similar price.

https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29779499
Looks like the photograher had a yellow filter on the camera. If that was a Redfin photographer they need to find someone better. Those are terrible pictures.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Looks like the photograher had a yellow filter on the camera. If that was a Redfin photographer they need to find someone better. Those are terrible pictures.
Not Redfin. Elite Realty listing. I agree the photos are bad. Worse than I would do and I will seldom use my pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas