Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 01:01 PM

929 posts, read 399,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Sometimes they shoot back. Chasing down someone driving like a nut is not a defensive action--it is increasing the risk to more people sharing the road. One fool flying down the road could be bad. Now add a vigilante chasing, and the risk is multiplied. And what are you going to do if the nut pulls over? When and why would you brandish a firearm in your scenario? You're setting yourself up for criminal and civil liability.
So i should just sit back, relax and watch the these maniac driver kill me or my family, makes a lot of sense. If he pulls over then that’s the end of that , I made him stop his dangerous behavior and and I go on my merry way.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:18 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
So i should just sit back, relax and watch the these maniac driver kill me or my family, makes a lot of sense. If he pulls over then that’s the end of that , I made him stop his dangerous behavior and and I go on my merry way.
If he's mad enough to pull over that will not be the of it if you drive on. You're going to end up dead if you keep doing this. I used to pull the same crap and I stopped. There are too many idiots with guns out there. A lot of them are on drugs/steroids.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If he's mad enough to pull over that will not be the of it if you drive on. You're going to end up dead if you keep doing this. I used to pull the same crap and I stopped. There are too many idiots with guns out there. A lot of them are on drugs/steroids.
These idiots are not the only one with guns. You see, if you let them get away with one thing they will get away with more. To each his own though, I carry a primary and a backup and it is to be use as a last resort.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
I actually did get involved in one. Around 10 years ago...came down Durango with clients to find a car in front of us wildly weaving and bouncing off the center island. Got behind the car and did a CA style traffic break to keep anyone from getting near the vehicle. immediately got 911 on the line and they dispatched not just a couple of cars but a helicopter. I gave them a street by street. All relatively slow...35 mph max. Took 7 or 8 minutes and the car immediately pulled over when they got there. We were sure it was someone really drunk but it was not. Turned out to be a medical condition...older lady apparently having some sort of cerebral accident.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
These idiots are not the only one with guns. You see, if you let them get away with one thing they will get away with more. To each his own though, I carry a primary and a backup and it is to be use as a last resort.

Hard to shoot them when they are behind you. Easy for them to put one in the back of your head.

Having a gun is no guarantee of safety. Even with a backup.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I actually did get involved in one. Around 10 years ago...came down Durango with clients to find a car in front of us wildly weaving and bouncing off the center island. Got behind the car and did a CA style traffic break to keep anyone from getting near the vehicle. immediately got 911 on the line and they dispatched not just a couple of cars but a helicopter. I gave them a street by street. All relatively slow...35 mph max. Took 7 or 8 minutes and the car immediately pulled over when they got there. We were sure it was someone really drunk but it was not. Turned out to be a medical condition...older lady apparently having some sort of cerebral accident.
Had a similar incident when we lived in IA. Car was weaving in both lanes, going over the curb and back. Called 911, followed it into a McDonald's and watched an older woman (either drunk, on meds or having a problem) walk very unsteadily in for lunch. Waited for the police and pointed out the car. Don't know the result. Went back to work.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:21 PM

779 posts, read 472,288 times
Quote:
If you're carrying a CCW or open carry and you take actions that are not defensive to provoke a confrontation and you "have" to use your CCW, you better zip your lips and hire a real good defense attorney. In fact, your comments you've posted online will be looked over with a fine tooth comb if you are ever in such a scenario. When you're carrying, your primary purpose is to avoid confrontation at all costs. You are as bad as those you speak of.

For the record, I taught CCW class in MN for years and worked in corrections.

Good luck.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:54 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
I have screencaps of these comments.
I'll happily provide them to any judge and jury to lock you up.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:52 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Let me guess, you cruise along at 10 under? My guess is EA is a good driver who understands speeding isn’t at all related to “bad driving.” In fact almost all terrible drivers I see are slow drivers. I’ve had one ticket in my entire life nearly 15 years ago for 43 on a 25, which was a 45 just ten feet before coming off a highway (55 to 45 to 25 within a half mile, ridiculous), and while slowing down the guy gets me on the last day of the month. Curious too because I don’t think even still I was going 43, my radar detector never went off despite scanning for laser and radar bands, but he claimed he had me at 43.

On a long, straight road there’s no safety issue with taking the right car fast. My car stocks faster than most cars on the road and accelerates faster. It’s built for speed.
NO I don't drive under the speed limit those people are just as bad as speeders. I've never been in a car accident either. My car has been hit twice in parking lots, though.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Hard to shoot them when they are behind you. Easy for them to put one in the back of your head.

Having a gun is no guarantee of safety. Even with a backup.
It doesn’t guarantee my safety, it just makes things even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas