Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:19 PM

174 posts, read 206,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
People who don't have cars use the shopping carts to get their groceries home, then just leave the carts wherever. Also, homeless people will use the carts to carry their belongings.
Ahh! You don't see it as much in Atlanta. I had idly wondered, in a fit of whimsy, if there wasn't some sort of secret coalition of shopping cart enthusiasts that had a competition on "Oddest Place to Park a Shopping Cart" or "Most Creative Way to Park a Shopping Cart."

~C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 12:22 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,719,123 times
I've never had a problem with my SiriusXm dropping. I've seen a subscriber since they first launched and I did notice that the receiver antennas do go bad over time especially if they are exposed to the sun all the time. I had a few antennas that i've replaced already and I found the best place to mount them is on the outside and not the inside of the car. If they are mounted on the outside then they are probably going to go bad quicker than the ones in the inside.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaethe View Post
Not sure what the area is called on the south border of Summerlin: 89117

~C

The Lakes is the area right next to Summerlin. I used to live there long ago.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:22 PM

222 posts, read 226,595 times
I never have GPS or Sirius issues in the valley, HD Radio drops out all the time though.

GPS does get interesting on the 15 these days (project neon, not signal), if you're depending on GPS near the spaghetti bowl you're pretty much screwed.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:16 PM

174 posts, read 206,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The Lakes is the area right next to Summerlin. I used to live there long ago.
Noted! Thank you

~C

Old 10-07-2018, 01:48 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,126,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I've never had a problem with my SiriusXm dropping. I've seen a subscriber since they first launched and I did notice that the receiver antennas do go bad over time especially if they are exposed to the sun all the time. I had a few antennas that i've replaced already and I found the best place to mount them is on the outside and not the inside of the car. If they are mounted on the outside then they are probably going to go bad quicker than the ones in the inside.

I've had signal drops in every vehicle I have had with XM. I still prefer it to the radio though.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:04 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,154,751 times
Often hood rats will place carts so they can easily hop walls.

I have watched them do it quite a few times.

Esp in the back of the parking lot of the Alexander library

that way they do not have to walk all the way to the entrance to get to their apts etc.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:55 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,986 times
That’s how I can best describe my feelings too. It’s hard to explain exactly but I loved Green Valley right away, I strongly disliked Summerlin despite spending an entire day there. It looked more desolate than I expected versus Green Valley that lives up to its name. Downtown Summerlin seemed to me a work in progress, it wasn’t busy, or walkable, or interesting. It was just kind of... there. And very overpriced. I’m glad other people like it, something for everyone to be sure, and many expensive houses there but I didn’t feel you’re getting what you pay for at all.

When it comes down to it until you see each area you just can’t know what will feel right to you. I thought I’d love Summerlin, but ruled it out completely after my trip.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:56 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,060,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
Often hood rats will place carts so they can easily hop walls.

I have watched them do it quite a few times.

Esp in the back of the parking lot of the Alexander library

that way they do not have to walk all the way to the entrance to get to their apts etc.
If the County Commission wanted to do something useful, they"d pass a law requiring all the large stores to install cart retention systems in the lots.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:55 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,020,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
If the County Commission wanted to do something useful, they"d pass a law requiring all the large stores to install cart retention systems in the lots.

This would be sooo nice. We have an Albertson's nearby, and their carts sometimes end up at the edge of our neighborhood. I went and talked to one of the managers about it, and she agreed that it would be nice to have one of those. But corporate didn't want to spend the money to install one.

We agreed that in the long run it would be cheaper to install the system instead of either paying a company to retrieve it, do it themselves or just lose a cart. Those systems are a win/win for the store and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas