Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 07:50 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of good videos on Youtube. just search "driving test" and watch in your spare time. It doesn't take the place of hands on, but it will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 10:27 AM

9 posts, read 8,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Would disagree that it's too late. I know a lot of people who didn't learn to drive until my age. I guess it just takes lot of practice. How quickly a person learns and how confident they are, I guess, depends on them. There are some who are perfect during driving school but fail the test because they are so nervous sitting next to a person with a clipboard.

You pretty much summarize the idea that 1) the younger you are, the better. and 2) practice builds confidence.

I just find it interesting that some people have stories where they passed the test even though they were "kinda" nervous. Some people passed because they didn't even care. They just drove. ignored their nervousness. And some people just practiced A LOT.
Yes, you’ll get better over time with practice - but fundamentally this is more important:

At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with driving so much as learning how to center yourself and being in control, not letting your nerves get the better of you because of outside stimuli. Not letting your anxiety build and learning to let go and remain focused.

Do some meditation, or even some visualization practice where you imagine yourself driving (with or without people/instructor/examiner) and are driving CALMLY, INTENTIONALLY, and RESPONSIBLY responding to all signs, signals, sudden turns, other cars, etc. properly without upset or anxiety spikes. The reality is, there will be many surprises while driving. The key is knowing how to remain in control of the car - and THAT begins with you being in control of properly responding to surprise and your emotions.

If you need help learning meditation or visualization, consult a coach or hypnotherapist who might be able to help.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:09 PM

1,341 posts, read 654,531 times
Question:

What do the testers do with the evaluation forms that they write their feedback on? Do the other testers get to read the feedback or is the evaluation form thrown away after the test is over? The bad part is the student does not even get to have a copy of the form for their own learning purposes. I asked Sahara after my first test to see if I can have a copy and apparently the feedback form is only for the DMV for recording purposes. So you basically have to listen to the tester and comprehend what they tell you when it comes to how you did.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:21 PM

124 posts, read 105,736 times
This tells me that you have no interest in becoming a good driver - you just want to know the bare bones minimum required to pass the test.

That's like aspiring to be a "D" student.

Seriously, for the sake of everyone on the roads - learn.to.drive.

-von

Quote:
Question:

What do the testers do with the evaluation forms that they write their feedback on? Do the other testers get to read the feedback or is the evaluation form thrown away after the test is over? The bad part is the student does not even get to have a copy of the form for their own learning purposes. I asked Sahara after my first test to see if I can have a copy and apparently the feedback form is only for the DMV for recording purposes. So you basically have to listen to the tester and comprehend what they tell you when it comes to how you did.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
This tells me that you have no interest in becoming a good driver - you just want to know the bare bones minimum required to pass the test.

That's like aspiring to be a "D" student.

Seriously, for the sake of everyone on the roads - learn.to.drive.

-von
Learn to read.

Quote:
I asked Sahara after my first test to see if I can have a copy and apparently the feedback form is only for the DMV for recording purposes.
Yes, asking the DMV for a COPY of the form that the evaluator/tester WROTE their FEEDBACK on so that I can LEARN what mistakes I made so that I can IMPROVE and get better is really showing I have no interest in becoming a good driver......

Dude, that's like failing a math test, having the teacher grade the test, asking them to get the test back to see which parts you got wrong and having them say "no, this is for our records only".

Old 05-31-2019, 05:27 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Quote:
At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with driving so much as learning how to center yourself and being in control, not letting your nerves get the better of you because of outside stimuli.
It really does have something to do with driving, otherwise the blind could easily pass the driving test.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 PM

NM. not worth it

Old 05-31-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
NM. not worth it
Why post a reply if your post provides zero value to the thread and does not make much sense?

Old 06-02-2019, 07:48 AM

Can't believe I almost got pulled into a flame war with a bothersome gnat.

-von

Quote:
Why post a reply if your post provides zero value to the thread and does not make much sense?

Last edited by VonZimmer; 06-02-2019 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-13-2019, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 2,126 times
i did my drive test yesterday and i dont pass I was very nervous. i feel so bad but i know that i need more practice. i know i did a lot wrong thing and good thing but i feel very disappoint with myself i really want my drive and i feel in this point that i need to drive more with my husband and i am thinking to do drive school too. My drive test was in henderson, is was ok i just was no ready for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: