Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 01:08 AM

4 posts, read 4,439 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are coming out to Henderson in November as we are pondering the possibility of retiring there. We currently live in CA and are tired of the taxes, etc.

Although we are both in our 60's with our children "grown and flown", I looked on schooldigger dot com and found that Coronado High School in Henderson is highly rated. I have found that generally ...in most cities ... the nicer parts of town and the more highly rated schools tend to go together. Thus looking at school boundaries seemed like a possible way to figure out where the nicer parts of a new-to-us city are. Hopefully this is right?

I wondered - is is possible to buy a house in Henderson or Summerlin that is not in an HOA?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 05:02 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,351,093 times
Summerlin, probably not, because that is a master planned community. Henderson, I'm sure that some of the older sections have no HOAs, but most of the newer areas will have one.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,979,122 times
I believe a number of homes in Summerlin have two different HOAs. I owned at LA Posada, ten years ago. We were told that we were lucky we just had one HOA, and did not have to pay into the Summerlin master hoa. First condo hoa that didn't include sewer. Summerlin is nice, though. I would recommend Henderson for those who use the airport a lot.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:01 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,953,505 times
All the older homes built before 1969 don't have HOA fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: