Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 2,676 times

Advertisements

I have a couple questions i would like to ask attorney,but don't know what kind of attorney to ask for eviction.

Little story.
Im trying to sell my house that my renters are living in right now,we made a lase couple years back just one year. After the lease was over,we never made a new one. So he has been paying month to month. I have been super nice to them,he has paid rent late most of the time which i never charged him late fees.

A couple months ago he got laid off from his job,so he hasnt paid for 3 months including utilities. Now im paying double mortage and double utilities.

So i would like to get in contact with attorney to see if im able to get them out,since we havr no lease and i want to sell my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM

50 posts, read 35,452 times
You need a landlord/eviction Attorney. Good luck getting them out right now. I've heard a crazy amount of stories of people taking advantage of landlords right now by not paying rent whether they can afford to or not. People think they can take advantage and live rent free for many many months with no repercussions. Not saying everyone is doing it but many are...

Old 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,590,900 times
Contact either leavittevictions.com or nmievictions.com local vegas companies. There are certain conditions in which tenants can be evicted during covid moratorium. If they can’t they can refer you to an Attorney who specializes in evictions. Let us know how it works out for you.

Last edited by Packrat1; 09-18-2020 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 09-18-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinLasVegas View Post
You need a landlord/eviction Attorney. Good luck getting them out right now. I've heard a crazy amount of stories of people taking advantage of landlords right now by not paying rent whether they can afford to or not. People think they can take advantage and live rent free for many many months with no repercussions. Not saying everyone is doing it but many are...
Well thats whats going on,his taking advantage since i told him i wanted to put the house for sale. We don't even jave lease its a month to month.

You think bu Oct 15 should be easier to kick him out?

Old 09-18-2020, 02:32 PM

37 posts, read 22,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shout702 View Post
I have a couple questions i would like to ask attorney,but don't know what kind of attorney to ask for eviction.

Little story.
Im trying to sell my house that my renters are living in right now,we made a lase couple years back just one year. After the lease was over,we never made a new one. So he has been paying month to month. I have been super nice to them,he has paid rent late most of the time which i never charged him late fees.

A couple months ago he got laid off from his job,so he hasnt paid for 3 months including utilities. Now im paying double mortage and double utilities.

So i would like to get in contact with attorney to see if im able to get them out,since we havr no lease and i want to sell my house.
I'm sorry you are going through this, that can't be easy. Have you spoken to the tenant already? I would try that first before involving an attorney. Sounds crazy, but may be even offer him money to move out? You would have to pay a lawyer anyway, right?

Old 09-18-2020, 03:33 PM

1,086 posts, read 747,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas2019 View Post
I'm sorry you are going through this, that can't be easy. Have you spoken to the tenant already? I would try that first before involving an attorney. Sounds crazy, but may be even offer him money to move out? You would have to pay a lawyer anyway, right?
Yup. Cash for keys can be a good option to consider for sure. Cash AFTER they move out!

Old 09-18-2020, 03:55 PM

Whatever do you start the process of eviction now if you wait you will be waiting a long time as those who start the process in advance will be heard by the courts and constable first. Cash for keys usually does not work as the free rent they are getting is worth way more.

Last edited by Packrat1; 09-18-2020 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 09-18-2020, 03:59 PM

My question is why are the utilities in your name??

Old 09-18-2020, 04:44 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
If you sell the house, the tenant must move anyways, unless they have a new lease with the new owner. If you used a boilerplate lease, the tenant already agreed to move out if the property is put up for sale. So far as I know, this isn't one of the reasons the moratorium applies to regardless. There is no moratorium on selling houses.

Month to month only requires a 5 day notice to quit in Nevada if I am not mistaken. Again, I don't think moratorium applies because the tenant does not have a lease for longer than 30 days at this point. You should still be able to evict someone who has overstayed their lease without a renewal.

The moratorium doesn't cancel or modify any contracts, it simply puts forbearance on the payment of rent. The lease still ends whenever they signed for. You can decline to renew and they will need to move.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas2019 View Post

I told him he woudn't have to pay me back the months he owns me,so with that money he can find a new place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: