Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:38 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I believe the Subie guys and the Evo guys meet at In-N-Out on W. Sahara on Thursday nights. I believe a few BMW guys show up as well. I think the SRT-4 guys hit the same spot on Mondays. Drive by on a Thursday around 8:30PM, there will likely be something going on.
im a toyota guy (mk4 supra) so im not sure how id fit in with those guys lol but ill be sure to go there and check things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I think the Scion club is out there too on some night. The in n out on Sahara across from the Palace Station usually has someone hanging out.
as a matter of fact, on a visit before i moved here, i saw a large amount of scions mostly tc's gathering there. thanks for the verification !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
It depends on what types of cars you are interested in. My husband is into DSMs and he goes to the Midnight Mayhem or they hang out at friends shops. A lot of different car people hang out at different places! Have you checked out Forums - Powered by vBulletin they have a lot of different people with different variety of cars on there. And it also shows meets, and is a good way to meet people in town with the same likes as you.
im into all kinds of cars but mostly imports since i myself own a toyota. but thanks for that site ! looks real helpful

Quote:
toyojo,

You should also look into our local chapter of SCCA. They have quite a few DE events at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park, as does the PCA. Of course the track itself offers a few DE courses in their cars. Everything from 'Vettes to Lotus' to Radical SR3's. They also have SCCA licensing courses and apparently they have recently added karting to their bag of tricks! You should definitely look into this. Had I realized they upped their game to this extent, I likely would have looked into it a little more myself. As it is I was supposed to attend an M3 DE event there awhile ago which didn't happen due to a lack of interest (not enough of the BMW guys are true enthusiasts) and haven't really been keeping up.

LINKY
hey m3, what exactly is a DE event ? havent heard of that before. haha and i doubt my supra being stock can hang with those beastly vettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
DE is driver's education. It's basically track instruction. Those 'vettes are for the 'vette only school (where they supply the cars). Spring Mountain Motorsports Park is about so much more. Many car enthusiasts have a great respect for Supras, and I honestly don't think that the Thursday night meet is discriminatory against other marques anyway. Are you on any Supra forums? Every car forum I'm on has a regional section so you may want to look into that as well.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:51 PM

nope no supra forums. just toyotanation. yea i was guessing that those people would be cool to anyone thats an enthusiast. but in socal, the meets in sylmar the honda gang are a bunch of douche bags. and i def. will check out spring mountain once i get some free time. maybe well meet up there !

Old 05-13-2008, 06:03 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
I think toyota performance kinda died out when the stopped selling the supra. The only sports car that toyota has is the TC and it really needs a lot of work to be real fast. There are tons of Honda/Acura guys, then the subbies and evos. I personally belong to a Muscle car club and a Mustang club (snma). There are car guys out here, but not to the extent of Nor/So Cal.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I think toyota performance kinda died out when the stopped selling the supra. The only sports car that toyota has is the TC and it really needs a lot of work to be real fast. There are tons of Honda/Acura guys, then the subbies and evos. I personally belong to a Muscle car club and a Mustang club (snma). There are car guys out here, but not to the extent of Nor/So Cal.
yea thats true. after the supra, toyota started lacking in the sports car department. they had the mr2 spyder, and the celica but imo, they can never compare with the supra. hard to find an inline 6 (or even an inline) engine nowadays. although toyota is planning to develop the fhts ? i dont like the looks on it much but its a start.

as for the tc, your right. it takes quite a bit of cash and modding to get it quick. unlike the supra which can run around 500whp using stock internals and the factory twin turbo.

what kind of car do you have aapoolservice ?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyojo View Post
yea thats true. after the supra, toyota started lacking in the sports car department. they had the mr2 spyder, and the celica but imo, they can never compare with the supra. hard to find an inline 6 (or even an inline) engine nowadays. although toyota is planning to develop the fhts ? i dont like the looks on it much but its a start.

as for the tc, your right. it takes quite a bit of cash and modding to get it quick. unlike the supra which can run around 500whp using stock internals and the factory twin turbo.

what kind of car do you have aapoolservice ?
I've had many cars, but currently I have a 2006 Mustang Roush, and a 1970 Chevelle SS.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 AM

191 posts, read 665,304 times
ahhh..car meets for imports. one of the things i researched while looking into moving to vegas.

I am a Honda Driver from 2000 till present ( i am not a douche bag lol maybe because im an old skooler and not one of those who gets on the bandwagon lol) although im considering getting a subie..the wife is saying its time to grow up and stop messin with old cars haha.

From late 80's to late 90's i was a Toyota Driver 73corolla/Mango,78 corolla called earthquake and a 78 celica both powered with 18RG engines 77celica, 82 starlet,85 Corolla and the last one was a 88MR2 super charge stage 3 HKS. yes i am schooled in the ways of the 2t/3t's,18RG's,2TG's,5 and 7MG's 4ag's, 1 and 2JZ's hehe.

I also was into rotaries,had an 82 rx7 with a 13b 4port,but that was short lived due to a car jacking and got shot in my rx7.

I have a team called Team Topak out in cali we do TougeCanyon/Track/Drag. Not much drag racing anymore but it is my roots, we consist of Honda,Toyota/Scion,Nissan,Mitsubishi well i guess any car just as long as its an import (sorry not being racist against domestics) We also have a Supra,although my team is dominated by Toyota AE86 Corolla GTS. search us online Team Topak or AE86 nights

heres the site i found for the meets here in Vegas, hope it helps you out. i spoke to some of them online and seems like a cool crowd but i never had a chance to go to the meets yet.

Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I also heard of the meets that Daddy mentioned from a friend who has been living in vegas for a while now. My friend also mentioned that they go to Primm by the state line for some auto crossing and some rally i think.

lets all do a track day! hehe
(road course)

Last edited by bosozoku; 05-14-2008 at 03:50 AM..

Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
DE is driver's education. It's basically track instruction. Those 'vettes are for the 'vette only school (where they supply the cars). Spring Mountain Motorsports Park is about so much more. Many car enthusiasts have a great respect for Supras, and I honestly don't think that the Thursday night meet is discriminatory against other marques anyway. Are you on any Supra forums? Every car forum I'm on has a regional section so you may want to look into that as well.
I'm interested in the spring mountain track. but im not sure if they have regular track days like willow springs where we go.

off topic: Daddy im getting out bidded on houses here in vegas driving me crazy bro!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosozoku View Post
ahhh..car meets for imports. one of the things i researched while looking into moving to vegas.

I am a Honda Driver from 2000 till present ( i am not a douche bag lol maybe because im an old skooler and not one of those who gets on the bandwagon lol) although im considering getting a subie..the wife is saying its time to grow up and stop messin with old cars haha.

From late 80's to late 90's i was a Toyota Driver 73corolla/Mango,78 corolla called earthquake and a 78 celica both powered with 18RG engines 77celica, 82 starlet,85 Corolla and the last one was a 88MR2 super charge stage 3 HKS. yes i am schooled in the ways of the 2t/3t's,18RG's,2TG's,5 and 7MG's 4ag's, 1 and 2JZ's hehe.

I also was into rotaries,had an 82 rx7 with a 13b 4port,but that was short lived due to a car jacking and got shot in my rx7.

I have a team called Team Topak out in cali we do TougeCanyon/Track/Drag. Not much drag racing anymore but it is my roots, we consist of Honda,Toyota/Scion,Nissan,Mitsubishi well i guess any car just as long as its an import (sorry not being racist against domestics) We also have a Supra,although my team is dominated by Toyota AE86 Corolla GTS. search us online Team Topak or AE86 nights

heres the site i found for the meets here in Vegas, hope it helps you out. i spoke to some of them online and seems like a cool crowd but i never had a chance to go to the meets yet.

Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I also heard of the meets that Daddy mentioned from a friend who has been living in vegas for a while now. My friend also mentioned that they go to Primm by the state line for some auto crossing and some rally i think.

lets all do a track day! hehe
(road course)
LOL team topak you sure have had quite a bit of experience ! itd be nice if we could all meet up somewhere one day. although i wont be able to use the supra for a few months because im replacing the turbo. ill have to take the taco

Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyojo View Post
LOL team topak you sure have had quite a bit of experience ! itd be nice if we could all meet up somewhere one day. although i wont be able to use the supra for a few months because im replacing the turbo. ill have to take the taco
yes the experience comes with the old age my pinoy brotha ...thats why i am probably your kuya or tito hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas