Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 10:35 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times

Advertisements

A thug tried to murder a senior citizen in an attempted robbery, but fortunately the thug's gun jammed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZXeJe_F5g

Las Vegas attempted murder caught on video: Homeowner narrowly escapes being shot after suspect’s gun jams
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...pects-gun-jams

The victim is extremely lucky .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 03:00 PM

228 posts, read 196,937 times
I carry it even if I step out of my front door or walk to the mailbox. Make it your friend, know where it is and how to use it. Be aware of your surroundings, especially near your house and car.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-26-2022 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: You meant "know where" not nowhere

Old 07-26-2022, 10:10 PM

76 posts, read 47,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
A thug tried to murder a senior citizen in an attempted robbery, but fortunately the thug's gun jammed.

The victim is extremely lucky .
although not overly brave

Old 07-27-2022, 01:21 AM

294 posts, read 293,149 times
Watch this video.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/07/25...t-valley-home/

The story was pretty interesting when you watch the video where they interviewed the victim (off camera).

The suspect's gun did not jam. The gun was the unloaded gun of the victim.

Apparently the sequence was this:

1. Victim returns home from golf and was in garage.

2. Suspect knocks him down and wants valuables.

3. Suspect finds ice pick and uses it to threaten the victim to get into house to look for valuables. Suspect beats and threatens victim.

4. Forces victim to open his gun safe. Apparently victim was opening it to get key to other safe with valuables. (This part was a little unclear).

5. Suspect sees the gun in the safe and grabs it.

6. Victim gets him to go out into garage and "tricks" him into opening garage door. Doesn't say how. I would guess told him that he had to go get some valuables hidden outside or something.

7. Victim runs to neighbors house. Suspect tries to shoot him several times. Victim is relatively calm because he realizes something suspect does not: Gun was unloaded. There was a magazine in the safe for the gun but suspect didn't see it and apparently assumed gun was loaded.

This article suggests that some people in Sun City Summerlin feel the area is being targeted for break ins.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/07/27...ummerlin-home/

I remember a few months ago when I was looking at crime maps of Las Vegas I noticed that Sun City Summerlin seemed to have a high rate of property crimes. I wonder if thieves may feel that 55+ communities are perhaps "softer" targets than others and that people there probably do have valuables.

I note that the police in the second article recommended that people lower their garage door. I know that where I live (it is one of the safest neighborhoods in the state) we almost always lower the garage door after we get out of the car. Sometimes we need to have it up in order the get stuff out of the back of the car (SUV). Maybe we need to change that when we move....

Old 07-27-2022, 06:07 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka2 View Post
Watch this video.

The story was pretty interesting when you watch the video where they interviewed the victim (off camera).

3. Suspect finds ice pick and uses it to threaten the victim to get into house to look for valuables. Suspect beats and threatens victim.

4. Forces victim to open his gun safe. Apparently victim was opening it to get key to other safe with valuables. (This part was a little unclear).

6. Victim gets him to go out into garage and "tricks" him into opening garage door. Doesn't say how. I would guess told him that he had to go get some valuables hidden outside or something.

7. Victim runs to neighbors house. Suspect tries to shoot him several times. Victim is relatively calm because he realizes something suspect does not: Gun was unloaded. There was a magazine in the safe for the gun but suspect didn't see it and apparently assumed gun was loaded.

This article suggests that some people in Sun City Summerlin feel the area is being targeted for break ins.

I remember a few months ago when I was looking at crime maps of Las Vegas I noticed that Sun City Summerlin seemed to have a high rate of property crimes. I wonder if thieves may feel that 55+ communities are perhaps "softer" targets than others and that people there probably do have valuables.

I note that the police in the second article recommended that people lower their garage door. I know that where I live (it is one of the safest neighborhoods in the state) we almost always lower the garage door after we get out of the car. Sometimes we need to have it up in order the get stuff out of the back of the car (SUV). Maybe we need to change that when we move....
Thanks for posting that.

I wonder where the suspect was originally when the victim arrived home? Was he hiding in his garage or outside?

Old 07-27-2022, 11:31 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymuny View Post
although not overly brave
So what would you have done?

Old 07-27-2022, 12:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,710,721 times
What's the sentence for aggravated battery and attempted murder? I think it's more if the victim is a senior citizen. I hope they catch him, lock him up and throw away the key. That 80 year old man will be traumatized for the rest of his life. Vegas needs to get scum like this off the streets.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
So what would you have done?
ran screaming like a little girl wetting my pants

Old 07-27-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka2 View Post
Watch this video.

what makes a kid want to shoot an old guy he dosent even know?

Old 07-28-2022, 05:09 AM

261 posts, read 234,972 times
Always carry, know your weapon and the law. If you are not prepared to shoot someone if in fear of your life, NEVER carry. Just go hide somewhere really safe. Montana would be a good place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: