Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 02:36 AM

109 posts, read 122,348 times

Advertisements

i liked scottsdale alot, went in december, but i didnt see myself living in the area because its very spread out. looking like vegas has more to do in smaller area, less driving, thank you all, still have to see henderson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 09:38 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg8910 View Post
i liked scottsdale alot, went in december, but i didnt see myself living in the area because its very spread out. looking like vegas has more to do in smaller area, less driving, thank you all, still have to see henderson
Drive around 89052 (Seven Hills area) and take the drive on curvy Grand Hills. Go to Green Valley Ranch Resort and The District. There are lots of restaurants on St. Rose Pkwy and Eastern Ave. It's a very convenient are to live in, you can get to everything you need quickly and it's a short drive to The Strip and the airport. You're too young to live in Sun City Anthem (55+), but it's a nice area. Not usre what your budget is but Southern Highlands is a very nice area and so is Macdonald Highlands.

I like Scottsdale too, but I'm not moving. I drove there from Henderson last Thanksgiving, it took forever to get across Phoenix to Scottsdale. It's much bigger than Vegas.

Last edited by movin1; 04-03-2023 at 09:53 AM..

Old 04-09-2023, 03:46 PM

7,744 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg8910 View Post
thank you. utah on my list, for sure this summer
I suggest you check out Park City in the summer. It is a small resort town known for skiing. People visit for skiing, but relocate because of the summertime activities.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,601 times
Default From Minnesota...

So riddle me this, how friendly are people in the area to new comers? Not tourists. What would be the biggest "shock" from someone coming from MN/SD?

Old 04-18-2023, 11:07 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Every time I sit at the bar in a restaurant I meet and talk to nice people. I'm busy working most of the time and don't make much effort to find people via Meetup, etc. The people I have met in my neighborhood have all been very friendly. There is lots of stuff to do here and ways to meet people if you want to make the effort. I was going to do volunteer work, but got too busy to add more to my schedule.

I think the biggest shock for someone coming here from MN will be the heat in the summer. Learn how to deal with that and you'll be fine.

Old 04-19-2023, 04:51 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Every time I sit at the bar in a restaurant I meet and talk to nice people. I'm busy working most of the time and don't make much effort to find people via Meetup, etc. The people I have met in my neighborhood have all been very friendly. There is lots of stuff to do here and ways to meet people if you want to make the effort. I was going to do volunteer work, but got too busy to add more to my schedule.

I think the biggest shock for someone coming here from MN will be the heat in the summer. Learn how to deal with that and you'll be fine.
Yup! I'll +1 this. We have found people who live in Vegas to be extremely friendly and welcoming. There are so many transient people here that they know what it's like to be the new guy. Tons of great people with amazing and diverse backgrounds. Be open minded and you'll be amazed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas