Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 870 times

Advertisements

I sent my appeal in, on the internet it says date appeal filed 10/16/2009. I have tried to call and all i get is them saying that because they are short handed and there are so many people trying to collect that it could take 4 months for them to schedule a hearing date. Is there some kind of time period that UI has to get a hearing date going? I continue to file my weekly claim, but how is someone suppost to find a job when they have no money to pay for GAS,Insurance, ect. Any help would be great ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM

6 posts, read 18,773 times
Thumbs up Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
debm1968 reopened the thread with a NEW question. At least it looks like a question. I couldn't quite understand what she was asking. Then I went back and read my answer to THE OTHER OP from last year and saw that it could have been misunderstood, even though it was meant to be tongue in cheek. I addressed the error in the post prior to your last one. There is a totally unfair tendency of people to assume the worst about government employees. Most of the government employees that I know are nice, friendly, hard working people who are always under an enormous amount of stress caused by the false images people have about them that are mostly kept alive on purpose by a sensational press. People assume the worst by not having the facts, but trying to get them to listen to the facts is nearly impossible unless you are telling them what they already believe, or want from you. I had a similar thing in television programming, as viewers tend to take every programming decision personally...As in the people who actually claimed we were intentionally "ruining their lives" by cutting away from Days of Our Lives to cover President Reagan getting shot, or a space shuttle exploding...things like that. The truth is, you are way more likely to get good service from a State employee than you are from most businesses these days. When I went to work for the State I was looking for something less stressful then television, which is famous for being one of the most stressful occupations. But all I did was jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Government jobs are even more stressful than television jobs.
Pardon me for pulling up a ~ year old thread, but wanted to say this has been some great reading. I really appreciate when someone goes in depth about their perceptions and/or experiences. Thumbs up to Buzz123 here.

I've been searching for threads on unemployment hearings and haven't found any of yet that explain the process of how to present information and basic procedural rules of the hearings while being heard. Could someone shed some light on that with maybe some web links? I'm looking for comprehensive answers to those questions. Thank you very much.

-David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas