Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 PM

73 posts, read 188,083 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am coming to Vegas next week and am wondering if I should be packing shorts or jeans? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
I have been in shorts or capris since I got here in August. It reaches mid eighties during the day. You may want pants for the evening, though. After the sun goes down, it cools off nicely.

Have fun!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
if i'm not working, i usually still walk around in shorts and a tshirt at night, its comfortable to me, but i see ppl walking around with sweatpants/shirts on and scarves...they are crazy!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 213,109 times
It is starting to cool down but the weather seems very nice right now. The summer heat took a lot of getting used to, and I've heard winter gets pretty cold.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTCHATLC View Post
Hi. I am coming to Vegas next week and am wondering if I should be packing shorts or jeans? Thanks.
According to the Weather Channel it will be warm enough for shorts during the day, especially up until Thursday next week. Depends on your tolerance for hot or cold. At night you will probably want long pants, maybe even long sleeves. Chances are it will be colder inside than out though. If you don't want to pack that much, you'd be comfortable in long pants all the time unless you plan to do some exercise.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmiley View Post
It is starting to cool down but the weather seems very nice right now. The summer heat took a lot of getting used to, and I've heard winter gets pretty cold.
It does get cold in the winter in Las Vegas, but it's not usually extremely cold unless it's windy, or you're out at 5:00am. I get tired of never being able to wear heavy winter clothes, or my nice warm jackets though. I usually have to leave town to enjoy real winter. Speaking of that, I think we'll be going to the Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Jan. 24 - 31. We went two years ago and it wasn't too cold, but I hear it gets really cold most of the time. I love cold weather so it's one reason to go. Besides, it's a real hoot, and it's a Nevada thing. Las Vegans should see it and get to know more about their state. After all there's a lot more to Nevada than Las Vegas. But I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Elko Convention and Visitors Authority, Elko Nevada

Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmiley View Post
It's funny that people think it's cold here in the winter. In West Virginia where I grew up we would have snow most of the winter, and it gets to 20 below often. Another funny thing is that I've driven to Reno many times in the winter when it would be warm and clear this side of Tonopah, then the road would be covered with snow from there to Reno, and there seems to be a snow line drawn across the middle of town. It's roughly half way to Reno which is 440 miles. Reno is high desert but they have four seasons, and winter is cold. In summer it can be 100º one day and snowing the next. Or maybe even in the same day. Las Vegas isn't cold enough to complain about it. Mostly we enjoy the change when we get it.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:23 PM

73 posts, read 188,083 times
Thanks to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas