Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,181,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
I love love love LVAC, especially the one on Sahara! Im not big on working out, so I went and got a 2yr membership. I would spend 30 minutes working out, another 30 looking at the hot guys, another 45mins eating sandwich wraps and drinking smoothies, that they serve there....LOL
I have never been to a gym where they served food and drinks! Its great

Now, if I can find a gym that serves shrimp and a decent wine........Im signing up!
haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 10,412 times
The Gym is large and the layout is not the best. Free weights are upstairs and machines are down. The biggest problem is with their contracts. Really read the fine print as I have known many people who have joined and the sales agent did not fully explain what was in the contract.
If you have the means ask for a discount and pay the full amount and do not get suckered in to the payment plan. Also, be sure that if you do pay the full amount that the contract does not have an auto renew.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 10,367 times
LVAC STOLE MONEY FROM ME! I WISH THEY WILL CLOSE THIS ****ING PLACE! they are ****ing thiefts!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:44 AM

160 posts, read 715,246 times
The facilities are extremely nice (atleast on Rainbow), but the contracts can be a bit problematic, and the place is always packed. 24 hour fitness won't lock you down on a contract, and through costco you can buy a membership for two years at approximately 10 dollars a month. UNLV's new gym is also extremely nice, and you can get a membership there. If classes are all you want though, then eh... maybe there is a YMCA or simply a dance studio you should join.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 11,842 times
My husband signed himself and me up for a membership and not two months later his wallet and car keys were stolen from his locker in the facility!! He had a combination lock on the locker!! The person stole his truck from the lot and the employees wanted nothing to do with us after that. They even told us NOT TO CALL THE COPS!! They refused to let us call the police!! The cops and dispatcher said that you should always call the police from the location and as soon as possible. We had to call from our cell phone in the parking lot. While we waited for the police a few club members walking out and the clerk at the hotel next door told us this wasn’t the first time this had happened at that particular club (215/Flamingo). Needless to say that after this event we no longer felt safe and they still refuse to cancel our memberships!! This happened in March 2009 and they still won’t allow us to cancel. They complained that the card they had on file was denied for our automatic withdrawal, duh it was stolen from your facility!!!!!! The ABSOLUTE only way to cancel a membership at LVAC is to move more than 20 miles away from ANY of their facilities!! This is the ONLY WAY!! Call and ask them. DO NOT SIGN A MEMBERSHIP WITH THE LAS VEGAS ATHLETIC CLUB!! Unless you want to run the risk of being robbed and harassed by them calling EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!! Worst customer service in the world!!

Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,970 times
I moved out from LV (finally!!) and canceled my membership, they supposed to send me check ($56). I've never got it, called them 3 times, finally 6 weeks later I asked again for MY money. They said they have sent check and I can pay 35 dollars to stop payment on the first check. RIDICULOUS! I talked to Elene Toliver, office manager, which constantly interrupted me, was rude and wanted to brush me off, I couldn't even fisnish a sentence. I asked for a contact to higher management she lied to me that she is the highest one, the head of LVAC (what a liar), and she refused to give it to me (I will find out anyway). So basically they pass their fees on me, stealing my money and this 35 bucks is going to buy them a lot of bad reputation, my sis and her husband suppose to sign up there but they just changed their mind. This is 1 of the worst customer service I received.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,797 times
Lvac is a terrible gym. They sign you for a contract and assume they can harass you with notices and phone calls even as you are kept up to date with your payments. The customer service and corporate offices are useless and unhelpful and trying to reach a resolution is impossible. Save your money and join 24 hour fitness, you can stop the nonsense by simply quitting whenever you choose.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
so you created a new account just to post something bad.

I was with LVAC for two years....had ZERO problems with them.....

Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM

35 posts, read 73,807 times
xbiu

Old 10-18-2011, 05:03 PM

35 posts, read 73,807 times
I did really like it. Extremely busy during peak hours for rainbow, flamingo, and eastern in my experience.
Never had any problems with billing at all, was a member for 4 years.
Most have a running track indoors which Is a real plus if you like to run ( I hate treadmills).
Lot of variety in te group fitness classes and most are really well done...but can get VERY packed. Fr certain classes you have to line up 30min before.
Parking is a problem in many...but a good walk shouldn't be a problem for a "gym goer"...however I admit walking in 110s degree weather is no fun.
Overall really liked it and it worked out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas