Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 12,309 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, i have a english bulldog 21 months of age and i know for sure that he needs a surgery in his knee he has that knee cap problem but i'm been looking for a Vet. that can do the surgery but take payments i know the price of this surgery it's from 1,500 and up , but most of this vet. don't want to work with payments, and my dog is doing really bad sometimes he's actually walking in 3 legs, specially in the mornings when is to cold - i asked at desert in animal hospital, las vegas animal hospital ( trop. n easter ) i still looking for animal hospitals that may help my dog, all i need is a place that can work with payments...... Thanks for reading .....

Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
Veterinarians and medical practices typically do not have the means to carry someone and what you probably will have to do is put the bill on a credit card or get a personal loan at the bank and make payments on that.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM

595 posts, read 2,308,334 times
Do what a lot of Americans do for medical/dental care--go to Mexico. There is tons of farming there, and many competent veternarios. Good luck.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
actually see if the vet takes a credit card called "care credit".. they will finance you over a year..

Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
West Flamingo animal hospital takes 'care credit'. They are also very good Vets. Make sure you use the dog entrance though and not the cat entrance.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 12,309 times
Thumbs up ******** Thank you **********

Thanks guys for your pronto answers , i set an ap. for 2morrow see what the vet says , i found the carecredit website and i'm going to apply they have up to 18 months no interest, thanks one again ......

Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,418 times
i know for a fact that the Veterinary Referral Center offers some sort of payment plan. i didn't take advantage of it, but they have a sign for it at the register. as the name indicates, they are a referral place, so your vet may send you there.

my american bulldog has blown both knees now (so i feel your pain, both emotionally and monetarily....but hey, at least he is outta knees ). had both surgeries done there. they also have a rehab place on site, w/ some really good people working at it. will be there in the AM tomorrow as my boy is going in for rehab (spend some time on the underwater treadmill).

overall, aside from the $$$, i was real happy w/ VRC. hope all works out well for you and your dog.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 PM

113 posts, read 358,091 times
After you get your puppy fixed up consider pet health insurance. Some cover pre exisiting conditions to a certain extent. Mine is Pets Best. I had a mucho expensive surgery for my puppy (before I got insurance...Ouch!) but was able to put it all on a credit card and pay off quickly. He had follow up problems and surgeries and all was paid for. Good luck.

D

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM

252 posts, read 906,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefromlv View Post
After you get your puppy fixed up consider pet health insurance. Some cover pre exisiting conditions to a certain extent. Mine is Pets Best. I had a mucho expensive surgery for my puppy (before I got insurance...Ouch!) but was able to put it all on a credit card and pay off quickly. He had follow up problems and surgeries and all was paid for. Good luck.

D
Just be aware that when you do get pet insurance (I have it, and would second that recommendation!), that some things are not immediately covered, such as the surgery above in question or the one for guinnessjim's dog. They may make you wait up to a year to qualify for things like that. It's in the medium print on the contract.... meaning, it's not hidden, but you have to read through it all to see that. The one I have is ~$11/mo. and just covers injuries/accidents. You can get higher coverage to include illness (even stuff like chemotherapy, etc.).

Old 01-14-2009, 05:44 PM

113 posts, read 358,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gomonas View Post
Just be aware that when you do get pet insurance (I have it, and would second that recommendation!), that some things are not immediately covered, such as the surgery above in question or the one for guinnessjim's dog. They may make you wait up to a year to qualify for things like that. It's in the medium print on the contract.... meaning, it's not hidden, but you have to read through it all to see that. The one I have is ~$11/mo. and just covers injuries/accidents. You can get higher coverage to include illness (even stuff like chemotherapy, etc.).
Yes, that's how mine works. He had to stay healthy for six months (and did just barely) for the additional problems to be covered. I had to pay for everything up front and was reimbursed about 2 weeks later by the pet insurance people. Just had to fill out a form, have my vet sign it and send in receipts. I have insurance that covers every health problem imaginable. With some breeds though they don't cover certain conditions because its so common with them.

D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas