Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 AM

91 posts, read 260,703 times

Advertisements

Hi there all just move from NY to Las vegas Looking to buy a home in the Lone Mountain area the zipcode is 89129 can anyone here let me know how that area is. Also what do you need to buy a gun and then second what do you need to do to get a concealed permit and any good shooting ranges or are you allow to go into the mountins and target shoot. Any help in this matter would be greatly appericate

Thanks Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 AM

17 posts, read 179,069 times
We bought a house in July in Lone Mountain Monument. Right behind Lone Mountain. It is a very safe, quiet and beautiful area. Looking out the window and seeing mountains all the time has really made a difference. It feels light years away from a big city, yet it is only about 25 minutes away from the strip. We have great views of the city and mountains, and it feels like it is a little cooler weather wise up here than in the valley. We might even get a dusting of snow up here this winter.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:16 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockups View Post
any good shooting ranges
Use the forum search feature to review previous contributions. There is also this internet thing called Google.

Clark County Shooting Park

Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM

91 posts, read 260,703 times
hi there if I am correct the area is near i 215 is that right

Thanks Michael

Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 PM

201 posts, read 964,118 times
To buy a gun:

Go to gun store or gun show - choose firearm, hand over cash and ID, 3 day wait period for background, welcome to your newly registered firearm.

CCW - Most gun stores offer a one day (6-8 hr) classroom/range qualify. Pay for class and gun registration and CCW card comes within 120 days or less.

Plenty of ranges here. The Gun Store, American Shooters, etc. Not sure what the laws are pertaining to shooting in the desert but lot's of folks do.

Welcome to Vegas from a fellow ex NY-er.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:11 PM

52 posts, read 199,180 times
Here's a map on where you can shoot your guns in Clark County...anwhere that is not shaded, you can shoot.

http://gisgate.co.clark.nv.us/gisplo...alfirearms.pdf

Remember, handguns need to be registered in Clark County, rifles and shotguns don't need to be registered.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alano View Post
Here's a map on where you can shoot your guns in Clark County...anwhere that is not shaded, you can shoot.

http://gisgate.co.clark.nv.us/gisplo...alfirearms.pdf

Remember, handguns need to be registered in Clark County, rifles and shotguns don't need to be registered.
Be careful. That is the areas forbidden by Clark County. Most of the rest of the County is BLM land and the BLM forbids shooting in many if not most areas.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,725 times
Interesting discussion. Nobody wants thier firearm confiscated. Anyone know of an official organization to contact conecerning the subject...Sheriff, PD, Fish and Game? The map makes it a little unclear - specifically North up by the Paiute reservation. The is an area out there East and south of those radio towers that looks very frequented by shooters of all kinds...shotgun, rifle ect...
That does not mean it is lawful though.

Also - do I have to register a handgun if I'm from out of state and here for work (4-5 months)?

R-

Old 01-17-2009, 07:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircrew123 View Post
Interesting discussion. Nobody wants thier firearm confiscated. Anyone know of an official organization to contact conecerning the subject...Sheriff, PD, Fish and Game? The map makes it a little unclear - specifically North up by the Paiute reservation. The is an area out there East and south of those radio towers that looks very frequented by shooters of all kinds...shotgun, rifle ect...
That does not mean it is lawful though.

Also - do I have to register a handgun if I'm from out of state and here for work (4-5 months)?

R-
clark County requires registration of handguns period. Right away.

Mostly the wild side is BLM land. They have an office in NLV. Go talk to them and they can explain all. Expect disappointment. Mostly shooters here ignore the BLM rules...and get away with it. But you could be the exception that proves the rule.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:49 PM

5 posts, read 9,960 times
Default Found this might answer your permit question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockups View Post
Hi there all just move from NY to Las vegas Looking to buy a home in the Lone Mountain area the zipcode is 89129 can anyone here let me know how that area is. Also what do you need to buy a gun and then second what do you need to do to get a concealed permit and any good shooting ranges or are you allow to go into the mountins and target shoot. Any help in this matter would be greatly appericate

Thanks Michael
Don't know if you're still looking but because I too needed to know about the carry permit, here's a link I found that helped:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2064610_get-...d-weapon.html: How to Get a Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon in Nevada

My situation may be a bit different because I currently have one in another state (WA).

Last edited by solotr2; 01-18-2009 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: url was incorrect; ok, really messed it up this time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas