Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

I just received a phone call from Wamu requesting an interview for a teller (hey its a job) position. My resume shows that i have a real estate license in Nevada (which i do)... Apparently there is a rule that you cannot work for a bank in Nevada without putting your realestate license on hold... (interesting)... any insights or opinions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
I thought WAMU was now Chase?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 PM

572 posts, read 1,684,883 times
Yeah, WaMu is getting taken over by Chase (or JPMorganChase, or did they loose JP Morgan, I can't remember??). Wachovia is getting taken over by Wells Fargo.

It's funny seeing Wells Fargo logos in NYC, when I only used to see them in Vegas...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM

Thx...yeah, I think JPMorgan became a victim of the mess...but I could be wrong on that. Odd...we've always had Wells Fargo storefront loan places up here, but have not seen any banks just yet....probably b/c Wachovia does not have a big presence up here.

Good luck on your job-hunting. My guess is that you're looking to say bye-bye to LI once and for all and become F/T vegas guy, once you land something there, correct?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:21 PM

572 posts, read 1,684,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Thx...yeah, I think JPMorgan became a victim of the mess...but I could be wrong on that. Odd...we've always had Wells Fargo storefront loan places up here, but have not seen any banks just yet....probably b/c Wachovia does not have a big presence up here.

Good luck on your job-hunting. My guess is that you're looking to say bye-bye to LI once and for all and become F/T vegas guy, once you land something there, correct?

That's been my intention for a long time now, JFK (even back when I met you and the Mrs. at the DDO last year). Certain things put it on the back burner, and I'm finally able to devote some time to it now.

As for Long Island... my heart will always be there, but (as I'm sure you can relate to, being a former Islander yourself), it's just not the place for me anymore... I am NOT claiming that it's going to be easy, or that the market is better here, it's bad everywhere... but I just feel that now is just the right time to make the change in my life.

I don't know if it will be totally "goodbye and good riddance" (to quote one of your past threads), but if I can get lucky and land something here, it will definitely be onwards and upwards to greener (or in this case terra-cotta) colored pastures!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM

different scenery, for sure. Good luck in the job search...and hang in there. I'm sure, just when you're least expecting it...something will come through.

Yeah, that 'Good Riddance to LI' thread really took off. It was odd...I had just finished moving my elderly dad off LI, finally had a break after about 5 crazy days, when I sat down, and it finally sunk in. I don't think I ever responded in that thread again...as it truly was a good-bye. My dad misses LI tho'...after living there since 1959...but he's also happy in NJ...and we get to see him more b/c it's an easier drive. LI has certainly changed from The Wonder Years days.

Good luck at the job fair tomorrow.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I just received a phone call from Wamu requesting an interview for a teller (hey its a job) position. My resume shows that i have a real estate license in Nevada (which i do)... Apparently there is a rule that you cannot work for a bank in Nevada without putting your realestate license on hold... (interesting)... any insights or opinions
I've never heard this before. I know that you cannot hold a real estate license and originate FHA loans, but that is a HUD thing and it's nationwide. I will look into it a bit more for you.

On another note, kudos to you for doing what is necessary. It's refreshing to read about someone that will take work while so many others whine about not being able to find work, particularly since they are not willing to work a job that is "beneath" them.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,401,534 times
When you go to interview, when they ask you if you have any questions, have 2 or 3 good ones prepared, including asking to see their employee manual. In fact, I might wait until the 2nd interview to ask to see that.
They may tell you up front that if you're chosen for the job, you have to go "Inactive" on your RE license. My guess is, that the job is in the mortgage department and it would be a clear conflict of interest to also be actively selling real estate. Another thought is, unless you're a broker with your own company, you would be hanging your license with some other broker and their company. WAMU may well have a policy against "moonlighting". Many companies do not allow it.

Good luck! Hope it's a great position and you get it.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
nope, it was a teller position... she asked if i would put my license to inactive (i dont think so.. not for a $10hr job)... that was the end of the conversation... job declined

Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,401,534 times
hmm weird. curious as to why. find out! But, I guess unless it's something illegal, a company can have whatever policies they want as long as they are equally administered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas