Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I looked, but didn't find this post. Any more info about this place?
I tried to find it to, it's not headlined as loft 5 it was something like what do you do when a subcontractor sues after you close on a unit?
It was a few months ago, so it's hard to find.

What you need to do is have your realtor dig around and find out what is happening with that property before you purchase. If you want to go ahead and make an offer the title company should find the liens since they have been filed a few months ago. And any other information you get from the title company that you get that your not willing to go along with then you have the right to rescind your offer.
The previous post did mention that the title company hadn't listed the liens and that isn't the title companies fault since the liens were filed until after the title search. You have to be careful with some of this highrise and midrise projects that got caught up in the economy bust and the developers went bankrupt or taken over by the bank and in some cases the bank that took over the property was taken over by FDIC which in turned has sold the properties to other entities that you don't know what they will do with the remaining inventory such as turn it in to a hotel, or rental property or continue selling them as in some cases already in Vegas.

I hope this is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
I just looked hard at Loft 5 for a client. I suggest you look elsewhere. The lofts appear fine and all that. But only 15% have sold and it looks like the owner has decided to lease the rest.

So you end up owning a unit surrounded by renters with the HOA controlled by the leasing company. Note that in such a circumstance the leasing company may make it i9mpractical for you to lease your unit...or to lease it if not through them.

Just loaded with downside potential. Don't go there.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Also check out what the leasing company will charge you for leasing out your property.
Not only is there a percentage, but there is usually an upfront fee which I have heard some charge $1000.00 plus the property management company will ask you for money for an account to repair any damages. It just depends on the company there is allot of fees at some of them.
And Olecapt is right you will be surrounded by renters and that doesn't help with future appreciation.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM

4 posts, read 8,338 times
Default Rental in Loft 5?

Ok, so it looks like buying in Loft 5 is not a good idea. But currently rental is being offered there that looks attractive to me. I am not asking for input on the value of the place. I am only asking if it's unstable ownership and development history is a reason not to rent there? Or is there any other reason not to rent there?

Thanks. Great forum!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bets View Post
Ok, so it looks like buying in Loft 5 is not a good idea. But currently rental is being offered there that looks attractive to me. I am not asking for input on the value of the place. I am only asking if it's unstable ownership and development history is a reason not to rent there? Or is there any other reason not to rent there?

Thanks. Great forum!
There could be problems, if the HOA hasn't been paid on the property then you may not be able to use any of the amenities plus, you could get evicted if the HOA forecloses on it.
If the property itself is having maintenance issues and the HOA is in trouble who will you go to in regards to fixing them. There may be even more problems, unpaid taxes, unpaid note to the bank and if the bank forecloses on the whole project will they let the renters stay? Will they up the rent, anything can happen when you take the chance to go into a property that has major issues.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 13,700 times
There are new owners at Loft 5 after the trustee sale in December. Does anyone know who they are? The rumor is that they are still contemplating if they want to sell or continue to lease out the property. They are supposed to be meeting with Garabaldi this week to discuss the direction of the property.

The leasing office that is contracted out to Garabaldi may not be telling the new owners of the interest of existing tenants interested in purchasing their units like us. I also had 3 other friends who were interested in buying units but no response from the leasing office. They keep saying they haven't heard anything. I think the real owners may not be informed because if the property goes to sale, there will not be a job for Garabaldi anymore.

The leasing office is very responsive for any maintenance or complaints. We currently rent one of the largest units and really love our home here. I would really like to buy my unit but will give up in the next 2 months if I don't get a response. Anyone have more info?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,506 times
Default Owner looking to sell

I've been an owner of a loft b converted two bedroom since day one. I'm interested in selling if there are any buyers out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas