Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 06:18 AM

19 posts, read 38,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
Are you internal?
No, I'm an external applicant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:08 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
i thought the offers were email, not phone.....and how could they say ... training starts... when you don't even know what the pay is...

Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 AM

53 posts, read 209,065 times
Rooms at CC cost 1.5 million to build. An investor(s) just bought TI for 225,000 per room. One place is going to succeed; the other is going to go bankrupt, and will be sold off for 17 cents on the Dollar.

Last edited by rrrafael; 08-27-2009 at 08:56 AM..

Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 AM

19 posts, read 38,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i thought the offers were email, not phone.....and how could they say ... training starts... when you don't even know what the pay is...
He called to tell me if I was still interested in the position I applied for and that I was going to be offered the job. He also told me that it was not going to open until the beginning of December.

I was under the impression that we were going to be notified by email as well; but things have been out of whack throughout this whole interview process. I'm guessing that some people might receive phone calls. I don't know.
But he said to expect a call during the 2nd week of september to go over paperwork and training schedule/pay rate/etc.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 AM

71 posts, read 180,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrafael View Post
Rooms at CC cost 1.5 million to build. An investor(s) just bought TI for 225,000 per room. One place is going to succeed; the other is going to go bankrupt, and will be sold off for 17 cents on the Dollar.
I don't think you can compare a 4 or 5 Star property with a 3 Star property. They cater to a different level of customers.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM

71 posts, read 180,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsidd View Post
Hey! I'm here reading the comments on the city center from indianapolis, in and i've been wanting to move to vegas for a possible job as a bellman. I've got the experience and know how for any hotel, my concern is i keep seeing "vegas" exp. Just what does that mean? For this position any fool should know it's all about (service) and the years of exp. Should translate to excellent service, of course it also helps that you have a positive attitude and some personal selling skills(which i do have). But it seems like everyone who has applied has mixed emotions about the hiring process. So my question is simply this, , , , , for a person coming from out of town and having at least ten years exp., is it worth goin through all the trouble???
I hope you get the position. I think it's harder for out of state applicants because there are so many local applicants that have worked on the strip for years.
With unemployment in Vegas being so high, companies can cherry-pick and easily find people that come from all over the world but that also have worked in Vegas for years.
It also helps that when you're local you may have connections. I am always surprised at how many people get hired by major properties even though they don't have experience but because they know someone who can get them the job.
Anyway, good luck.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
its all about juice in las vegas!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM

101 posts, read 196,511 times
My status went blank again last week, so I called cc to get some info. She said job offers would be extended for Aria beginning Sept 21st!!!! I told her I was told the end of August, and she said "no, they will begin on Sept 21" I hope she was wrong, we've waited so long already!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:33 PM

317 posts, read 834,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
He called to tell me if I was still interested in the position I applied for and that I was going to be offered the job. He also told me that it was not going to open until the beginning of December.

I was under the impression that we were going to be notified by email as well; but things have been out of whack throughout this whole interview process. I'm guessing that some people might receive phone calls. I don't know.
But he said to expect a call during the 2nd week of september to go over paperwork and training schedule/pay rate/etc.
CONGRATS KOJIRO

Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM

317 posts, read 834,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyluver View Post
My status went blank again last week, so I called cc to get some info. She said job offers would be extended for Aria beginning Sept 21st!!!! I told her I was told the end of August, and she said "no, they will begin on Sept 21" I hope she was wrong, we've waited so long already!
Hey daisyluver,
Did they give you a reason to why your status went from active back to blank again. Because your status was like mine it was BLANK, then after that nerve recking 2nd department interview it went back to ACTIVE right? Now yours is back to being blank.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas