Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 21,776 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are looking into these two schools and aren't from the area. We have both visited the schools and thought they were nice. Does anyone know anything good or bad about either school? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
My girlfriend and I are looking into these two schools and aren't from the area. We have both visited the schools and thought they were nice. Does anyone know anything good or bad about either school? Thanks
I don't know about Pima...but I know of two young people who attended Le Cordon Bleu here in LV and it wasn't worth the cost. Unless you go to the REAL one...in Paris, or have years of prior professional experience in the culinary field, you're going to end up as a low paid culinary union line cook here in Las Vegas, if you can even get a position at all.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
why not instead do the csn route?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 AM

She wants to be a vet tech and we searched online for schools with a program for that in Vegas and I remember coming across that school, but I'm not sure why she didn't look further into it. Maybe because there was an extra fee because we aren't residents and she didn't want to wait the year or 6 months to become one? I will have to ask her about that. Thanks for the idea.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 17,728 times
Default Pima

DONT DO IT! Please trust me when I say do not go to this school. I went there for Pharmacy Tech school and let me tell you it was NOT worth the drama. We had new teachers every module as well as teacher who was not even a pharmacy tech she was a nurse. They school gave us 1000 toward our loans because it sucked so bad. And it wasn't only our program that was having problems. They stick you in the crappiest jobs lie to you about pay and their placement "people" are the rudest people you've ever met! The reason because they know they have the pull when it comes to getting you a job! Do not go there, if I had to do it all over again I'd do CSN in a heartbeat, I've never had any problems with them! Plus the amount of money you pay you'll be kickin yourself in the butt when you see your first paycheck.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 PM

How long ago did you attend the school NLasVegasGirl?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM

207 posts, read 907,343 times
My Ex went to Le Cordon Bleu and did very well at the school, in fact she will graduate with top honors once she completes her externship. While it may be accredited to the economic slow down, she was looking for jobs with her new skill set and landed a job at Sammy's Woodfire Pizza....for $9.50 an hour which scales up as she learns each station. Her total school bill, $40,000. This was what she wanted to do with her life and she did it, but from my standpoint I can't imagine spending $40k to make $20k a year with a shot at making $25k a year with a student loan to pay back. Granted, there may be better opportunities down the line.

I guess it's all in what you want to do with your life and your comfort level. I think it's very important to realize the economic impact of your decisions. It may be my foolish, cheap ways, but if I ever spend $40k on something it better damn well be worth it.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Cordon Bleu??? $40K in student debt could make you goshdarn blue! My stepson did the one Pittsburgh, blew off his externship to be with his g/f (now wife) and is working as a manager of Quizno's, with hugh debt! Silly guy...thought with the little head instead of the big head! Now he's poor.

Last edited by jfkIII; 08-13-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 PM

207 posts, read 907,343 times
Hence, the Ex.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

6 posts, read 22,556 times
Those are very bad schools, they have different accreditation so you can only get jobs at places they are partnered with. Very bad move, i almost did the same and went to the art institute, asked some questions and the people there seemed more like salesman then counselors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas