Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,789 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Las Vegas this June, and because of our busy schedule, will not have time to go down and actually look at an apartment ourselves, so we have to resort to picking one out ahead of time. However, because of his job, he won't be home as much as I would like, therefore, as a woman, I would like some measure of safety where I live. We are looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment, between $600-$1200 a month, in an apartment complex that is as safe as possible. We would like to be within 15 minutes of Nellis Airforce Base, because we are both dependants of our parents and would like to use the resources there. We would also prefer an apartment complex that is gated with controlled access and a security guard at the gate if possible. We are willing to pay extra for this. Also we have been looking at Wellington Meadows, does anyone know anything about that complex? Any responses would be very well appreciated, as well as suggestions and "from-experience" points of view on these complexes. What are the best ones in Vegas? And the safest, as well as worth your money?
Also the location and closeness to the airforce base is not as important as long as we are in the safest place possible in vegas!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 PM

109 posts, read 312,060 times
The area around Nellis Airforce base is not great, Gang activity and shootings. Try the aprtments in Green Valley area of Henderson. This is a much nicer area and not too far from Nellis either by surface street or freeway.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 7,789 times
Thank you for such a quick reply! What do you know about Wellington Meadows? I have been reading other posts about this complex and it seems like the place to live, but do you or does anyone else know more about this complex, in regards to safety and whether or not it is worth the money? It seems like a very nice place just looking at pictures, but some real-life experience with the complex would be very much appreciated!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Wellington Meadows is a nice apt complex in a good area. Although it is farther from Nellis. It's in The Lakes/Peccole Ranch area.
Try something in the Aliante area instead. Like The Presidio, a Picerne property. Las Vegas Apartments - The Presidio Apartments - Home
Picerne properties also has The Preserve, located on E. Deer Springs way. That is closer to Nellis.
They are very nice apts.
Or rent a condo at Terrasini on N. Decatur blvd at the 215 beltway. Or the Courts townhomes at Deer Springs Way/Aviary way. Ask a real estate person on this site about those two locations. Both are close to Nellis, a straight shot down the beltway or Craig. Lots of military families out here in Aliante and El Dorado.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 7,728 times
Possible move to Vegas with two small boys 4 and 7. Looking at Medows Oasis. Any info about the area,schools,crime rate, personal oppinions(anything of use appericiated )Thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 02:22 AM

46 posts, read 101,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaqueenofmont View Post
Possible move to Vegas with two small boys 4 and 7. Looking at Medows Oasis. Any info about the area,schools,crime rate, personal oppinions(anything of use appericiated )Thanks
hendseron is much more family related in my eyes then vegas (not sure where meadows oasis is). they have good schools and parks shopping and yet still close enough to the strip. check area code 89052 i have seen some 3 bedrooms from 900 a month.

Last edited by ashmere; 02-21-2010 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: to claify henderson vs vegas

Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Oasis Meadows is on Nellis. The neighborhood is pretty bad as are the schools.

Ashmere - Henderson is generally a bad bet for Nellis people. It is a long commute and too expensive. They do much better to the north and northwest.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM

122 posts, read 359,277 times
I Moved into the apartment at Colonial Grand at Desert Vista on E. Rome Boulevard in North Las Vegas when they opened up just over 1 year ago today. I signed a Two year Lease and was told everything in the World would be given to us there. list is below

1. Free Cable - nope, its added to your bill fine print

2. Star buck coffee Free - nope, its a Keurig k-cup coffee maker for free

3. apartment would be ready - nope, it was a mess i have to clean my car everyday cus of the constitution trucks kicking up dirt and dust everywhere

4. Free wifi internet inside your appartment - nope, was never online at all

5. was told you can get online and cell phones and would not be a problem cus of my business. - nope, DEAD ZONE!

6. was told it would be a quiet - nope, in the morning time it was always crazy cus of the constitution all the building was not done.

I went to the office telling them everyday till i was blue in the face about the problem and they would say looking into it.. bah bah..

i asked about the small things like trash we always had a problem with constitution filling up the trash cans and no room for our trash that we pay for.

Also something as simple as the front Door had a Gap under in it where dust and outside pest would come under the door and come inside GRRR

Nothing would be Fixed and Problem kept adding up what a Nightmare

So one day the wife and i talked office Manager. we told them we will pay for the Month and Move out we are Done here. they told us it would be fine and not to worry about the Fees and that the Deposit would cover everything and we will not be Billed for the reason of the lefted over months.....

Maybe i should of got something in writing

So i asked she said ok but it would be mailed to the new address where we moved i was like ok here is the address.. NOTING was ever mailed.

So now here i am today looking at my Report of 5g on it.. never paid

i called them today and everything is on Paper 22 months of rent was due a year ago. i was never giving and paper would stating i need to pay or i need to talk to someone bah bah..

i asked them whats going on cus i was told above and they said No cus we lefted the lease i'm not happy one bit... so i told them all the Reason we moved they don't care they only want $$$$$$

I told them this ok i'll pay for when we lefted and move date i still have time to get in the appartment to move back in and got still 9 months left they told me NO pay up that all you can't move back in.. bah bah...

My recommendation is not to even consider this place. We had a very bad experience.

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-22-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: removed possible defamation issues and softened text a bit

Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,481 times
I've lived in 3 apartment complexes in the Vegas area. Horizon Ridge in Green Valley/Henderson, and Camden Del Mar and Broadstone Talavera in the Peccole Ranch area. Horizon Ridge and Broadstone Talavera are both very nice- safe, pretty, nice apartments. I would definitely recommend either of those. Avoid Camden Del Mar. Thugs hanging around all the time, multiple apartments got broken into while I lived there, and they will try to rip you of when it comes time to resign your lease.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRockstar View Post
I Moved into the apartment at Colonial Grand at Desert Vista on E. Rome Boulevard in North Las Vegas when they opened up just over 1 year ago today. I signed a Two year Lease and was told everything in the World would be given to us there. list is below

1. Free Cable - nope, its added to your bill fine print

2. Star buck coffee Free - nope, its a Keurig k-cup coffee maker for free

3. apartment would be ready - nope, it was a mess i have to clean my car everyday cus of the constitution trucks kicking up dirt and dust everywhere

4. Free wifi internet inside your appartment - nope, was never online at all

5. was told you can get online and cell phones and would not be a problem cus of my business. - nope, DEAD ZONE!

6. was told it would be a quiet - nope, in the morning time it was always crazy cus of the constitution all the building was not done.

I went to the office telling them everyday till i was blue in the face about the problem and they would say looking into it.. bah bah..

i asked about the small things like trash we always had a problem with constitution filling up the trash cans and no room for our trash that we pay for.

Also something as simple as the front Door had a Gap under in it where dust and outside pest would come under the door and come inside GRRR

Nothing would be Fixed and Problem kept adding up what a Nightmare

So one day the wife and i talked office Manager. we told them we will pay for the Month and Move out we are Done here. they told us it would be fine and not to worry about the Fees and that the Deposit would cover everything and we will not be Billed for the reason of the lefted over months.....

Maybe i should of got something in writing

So i asked she said ok but it would be mailed to the new address where we moved i was like ok here is the address.. NOTING was ever mailed.

So now here i am today looking at my Report of 5g on it.. never paid

i called them today and everything is on Paper 22 months of rent was due a year ago. i was never giving and paper would stating i need to pay or i need to talk to someone bah bah..

i asked them whats going on cus i was told above and they said No cus we lefted the lease i'm not happy one bit... so i told them all the Reason we moved they don't care they only want $$$$$$

I told them this ok i'll pay for when we lefted and move date i still have time to get in the appartment to move back in and got still 9 months left they told me NO pay up that all you can't move back in.. bah bah...

My recommendation is not to even consider this place. We had a very bad experience.
I am sure when you say constitution that you actually mean Construction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas