Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:19 PM

427 posts, read 1,224,301 times

Advertisements

So i'm just curious since everyone says it's so bad in las vegas right now job wise is there a mass exodus occuring with people who are natives or long time residents fleeing to other cities to find work? How are the locals surviving then if it's really as bad as i'm hearing? Are blocks of houses going into forecloseure and businesses shutting down rapidly as well? How long will it be until las vegas is a ghost town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 08:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
So i'm just curious since everyone says it's so bad in las vegas right now job wise is there a mass exodus occuring with people who are natives or long time residents fleeing to other cities to find work? How are the locals surviving then if it's really as bad as i'm hearing? Are blocks of houses going into forecloseure and businesses shutting down rapidly as well? How long will it be until las vegas is a ghost town?

that has to be one of the stupider questions I have ever seen on here.....

Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM

427 posts, read 1,224,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

that has to be one of the stupider questions I have ever seen on here.....
That's because you took it literally, i was being sarcastic taking a shot at all of the idiots that are always talking $hit on las vegas. If you want to move to vegas then go for it op, just be smart about it. I'm not trying to get off topic either so back to the OP's topic and question. If anyone wants to sling mud about vegas pm me and keep it out of this thread. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:11 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It is basically any job. Unfortunately, Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the USA, second only to detroit.

If you were talking about major cities you would probably be right

Here's a list of cities with more then 15% unemployment. The fact that most of it is in California is scary
13 cities post unemployment higher than 15% in April - Jun. 3, 2009

Then at the bottom they have cities with the lowest unemployment. Interesting. Perhaps I should move to North Dakota instead of Las Vegas

http://www.bls.gov/web/laummtrk.htm

This show EVERY metro area in America and its unemployment rate as of December 2009, Las Vegas is low on the list but its nowhere near the bottom

Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
That's because you took it literally, i was being sarcastic taking a shot at all of the idiots that are always talking $hit on las vegas. If you want to move to vegas then go for it op, just be smart about it. I'm not trying to get off topic either so back to the OP's topic and question. If anyone wants to sling mud about vegas pm me and keep it out of this thread. Thanks.

JCX.....make sure when youre being sarcastic to include a sarcastic smniley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: