Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:43 AM

157 posts, read 420,288 times

Advertisements

Great advice HockeyGirl and what an awful thing to happen first day in town!

We allowed a 10 day cushion between when the keys are planned to be available and when we're actually moving in. Should be enough to take care of any glitches...but thanks for the warning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
The moving truck issue was a REAL problem a year or so ago....it seems to have calmed down a little...[most of the scum went to jail or to greened pastures] STILL be vewy vewy caweful

Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM

72 posts, read 97,480 times
Quote:
I hope you have a wonder life in Vegas, I hope to follow suit in the near future, but my move is gonna be more drastic as I'll be coming in from the middle east, that's 2 days traveling by air, and 10 hours difference in time zone ( we are ahead) , I don't know what area I'll be living in yet, and it's gonna be huge change for my kids, but we're all excited about it
Although my house is in El Paso, TX, I am currently living and working in the middle east also. It won't be much of an adjustment for me when I do move to Vegas though, because I am not actually from the middle east, just an expatriate living here. Of course, I plan to stay in the middle east until the house in Vegas is paid off (probably 3 or 4 years).

Don't worry about the time change though. It only takes about a week or two to adjust to it completely. Probably less if you are younger. I remember it not taking as long to adjust to time differences 15 years ago. My problem, is that when I go to the states to visit, I am only there for a few weeks, and just as I am adjusting to the time difference, it is time to go back and I have to adjust again.

You will probably like the way they drive in the states much better than in the middle east. They drive like they are on crack over here!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
Totally agree. What a miserable person this guy must be. I feel better about my life every time he types something on here.
You and Swagger really need to get a life!! I only welcomed the OP, and this attack on me by you two is completely unwarranted.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa99 View Post
Hi HockeyGirl,

I am a master of TX BBQ...I have my own smoker and make finger lickin good brisket, ribs and pulled pork! Wonder what will happen when I fire up the smoker in the backyard first day...think I'll get some knocks on the door??
Better bring a load of mesquite wood with you too. It'll be hard to find enough here for when we all come to your place for BBQ. I can't wait for the party you're gonna throw. Food is actually the best thing about Texas...that and the wimmin.

Just remember, NO WHOOPIN and HOLLERIN on the ski slopes or when yer fishin. And Drive Friendly!

Old 03-07-2010, 02:44 AM

60 posts, read 134,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtm7 View Post
You will probably like the way they drive in the states much better than in the middle east. They drive like they are on crack over here!
You are absolutely right, drivers here are in a constant state of DUI, driving here is a total pain, I have lived in Dayton, Ohio for a few years and driving there was a breeze, I can't wait to start feeling (that breeze) again!
Thanks to MomMom for your encouraging words, I think my kids will do great in Vegas too, I have been preparing them to the western life since they were born, so much so they feel a little out of place in Jordan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas